Biblical People: Some or all of the required resources (People, Diagrams & Lcv) are not currently available?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Anthony Robert Testa | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 10 2010 4:25 AM

When I try to use the Biblical People feature, I get this response: Some or all of the required resources (People, Diagrams & Lcv) are not currently available.  I just purchased the Platinum upgrade for Logos 4 Mac and I have located Biblical People and Diagrams in the downloaded resources folder, but I can't find Lcv.  Should it not have come standard with that package?  If so, where should it be nestled in folders?  If I don't have it, how do I purchase it?  If I do have it, what is the simplest way to prepare my files so that the feature works?  

Grazie!

Anthony

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:11 PM

I'm looking into this. I'll post back with a workaround shortly.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 4:14 PM

Try this:

1. Open Logos 4.

2. In the command bar, type "Update resources"

3. You'll then see a "Checking for updates..." message in the toolbar

4. After the "Checking for updates..." message goes away from the main toolbar, the indexer should start up and download the missing LCV.lbslcv resource. (If you have Growl installed (www.growl.info) you'll get a popup notification of indexing and downloading starting). The file will end up in ~/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/<some_user_id>/Resources/Downloaded/DB:LCV/LCV.lbslcv

5. Once the download is finished, the indexer icon in the status bar will go away.

6. Restart Logos4.

7. Enter "Scan ~/Documents" in the command bar. This tells the app to try to find new resources in your documents folder. There shouldn't be any, but this will force the app to discover the newly downloaded LCV file. Normally, this would not be necessary, it happens to be in this special case.

8. Restart Logos 4 and wait for the little blue indexer icon to go away in the menu bar.

9. Then open biblical people.

If you don't have any Biblical People showing up, you should check that the LCV.lbslcv file got moved into the /Users/<your_user_id>/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/<some_other_user_id>/ResourceManager/Resources folder.

Hope this helps.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 25
Bevan Whitaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 3:34 AM

I am having the same problem with biblical places.  I got as far as updating resources, but the indexer did not download the file.  I checked under downloads and it wasn't there.  

Posts 25
Bevan Whitaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 3:35 AM

Meant to say Biblical People not Biblical Places.

Posts 25
Bevan Whitaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 2:56 PM

Anyone?  I can't download the file using update resources.  

Thanks.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 5:53 PM

Bevan Whitaker:

Anyone?  I can't download the file using update resources.  

Thanks.

Looking at Logos Upgrade http://www.logos.com/upgrade shows Bible Study and more expensive base packages having Biblical People, Places, and Things.

Also noticed Logos 4 Minimal Crossgrade has many items: http://www.logos.com/minimalcrossgrade including Biblical People, Places, and Things.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25
Bevan Whitaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 9:15 PM

Thanks for the links.  I see what I a missing.  Thanks.  

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS