Sermon Editor Export To Power Point Slide Meld

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6
Jon Winkelman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 11 2016 2:27 PM

I have been using sermon editor and really like it. When the 7.1 came out I updated and some of the sermon editor changes were very welcome (like spell check). However, when I exported my sermon to powerpoint on Saturday I encountered a rather significant problem. Any slides that were multiples, such as quotations or verses, were merged into one slide making the font too small to even read. The fill in the blank slides were exported with the blank filled in and a partial line on either side. Is there a way to fix this or am I stuck? If this is how it will export I will no longer be using sermon editor because it won't save me any time now.

Posts 612
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2016 4:41 PM

Jon Winkelman:

I have been using sermon editor and really like it. When the 7.1 came out I updated and some of the sermon editor changes were very welcome (like spell check). However, when I exported my sermon to powerpoint on Saturday I encountered a rather significant problem. Any slides that were multiples, such as quotations or verses, were merged into one slide making the font too small to even read. The fill in the blank slides were exported with the blank filled in and a partial line on either side. Is there a way to fix this or am I stuck? If this is how it will export I will no longer be using sermon editor because it won't save me any time now.

I can verify this behavior. I had the very same outcome this past weekend. I had to "manually" go through my slides and I changed the font color for my fill-ins, so that my congregation could see the difference.  

Posts 3117
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2016 7:29 PM

I am also having this problem as well as text running off the slide. Basically you have to re-format everything and might as well just build it manually in PP from the start as it sits now.

HELP! :)

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 216
LogosEmployee
Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 10:25 AM

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

A much requested feature during 7.0 was making the text editable on PowerPoint exported content. We knew this would result in a loss of fidelity of fonts and slide breaking, but we tried the change and didn't get much feedback during the 7.1 beta period. It turns out there aren't a lot of sermon writing PowerPoint users participating in the beta. :-)

It sounds like we still have some work to do on improving the PowerPoint export. Would adding an option to export images (like 7.0 did) instead of editable text be sufficient?

Posts 3117
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 12:30 PM

Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife):

A much requested feature during 7.0 was making the text editable on PowerPoint exported content. We knew this would result in a loss of fidelity of fonts and slide breaking, but we tried the change and didn't get much feedback during the 7.1 beta period. It turns out there aren't a lot of sermon writing PowerPoint users participating in the beta. :-)

It sounds like we still have some work to do on improving the PowerPoint export. Would adding an option to export images (like 7.0 did) instead of editable text be sufficient?

Yeah that is probably the best, quick, way to go.  Would love to see it worked to be more streamlined in the future but yes, I believe that would be a good solution for now.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 6
Jon Winkelman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 2:16 PM

That would definitely work for me.

Posts 612
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 2:58 PM

Right now, I'd just be happy to go back to 7.0.

Posts 41
Linval London | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 3:12 PM

I think having the option between editable text and static slides would be great. 

Posts 6
Jon Winkelman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2016 12:20 PM

I have a new issue with the media while using sermon editor. I use 4:3 format on my projector so I was manually changing the slides to that and changing the background to the Scripture quotation slides on Saturday. About every 7 or 8 slides it would crash on me causing logos to restart. Has anyone else had this problem?

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

I haven't heard of that being reported before, Jon.

Can you please provide log files of a session when Logos crashed?

Posts 7273
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2016 5:28 PM

Not only that, but yhe Text is so HUGE at times you have to adjust just about every single slide. Also, it'd be nice if on verse references it could include at least up to three verses per slide instead of one per slide.

DAL

Posts 7273
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2016 5:28 PM

Not only that, but the Text is so HUGE at times you have to adjust just about every single slide. Also, it'd be nice if on verse references it could include at least up to three verses per slide instead of one per slide.

DAL

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2016 3:41 AM

Options are always good. Just don’t want to lose the text editing option, as that is my only way of getting my language to show up as actual text when I open it in keynote. 

While I am at it, I guess I will ask again for a font that works in Thai.

Right now my workflow is, Sermon Editor > Powerpoint export > open in Keynote > edit to add color and such > save as images > import to proclaim. 

Not exactly the streamline I think was intended, but its a little better than nothing. But a font that worked in visual copy / proclaim would make that MUCH better.

Posts 489
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2016 5:23 AM

Would adding an option to export images (like 7.0 did) instead of editable text be sufficient?

This would, indeed, be very helpful. I liked sermon editor, but with the amount of reformatting I had to do last week I may return to just working with Word and PowerPoint directly. We are a small church and I do all the IT stuff as pastor, so proclaim is not an option for us.

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

The option to switch between editable text and fully rendered slides for PowerPoint export is now in beta and is scheduled to ship with 7.2.

Posts 489
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:28 PM

The option to switch between editable text and fully rendered slides for PowerPoint export is now in beta and is scheduled to ship with 7.2.

Yes Thank You!

Posts 258
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:13 PM

Would be helpful if when using the bible backgrounds I could get them all to export as a group or at least allow me to select the each in turn. Currently this option does not work as expected. This my be the reason sermon export does not work properly as media backgrounds itself does not work properly.

Posts 258
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:14 PM

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS