Keyboard navigation - I'm doing something wrong

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 432
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 12 2016 8:17 AM

This morning I decided to experiment a little. I've got my Bible text open, and am looking at commentaries. Rather than opening up one commentary at a time, I thought I would open all those I'm interested in, and then use the keyboard to cycle through them. The problem is that Control-Tab (  I've also used Command-Shift-]  ) doesn't cycle through the tabs in my commentary panel, it cycles through ALL the tabs in ALL the panels.

Isn't there a way to cycle, from first to last, through the tabs in a particular panel?

What am I doing wrong?

Posts 2526
LogosEmployee

Try Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown

Posts 432
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 4:13 AM

I'm using a laptop, so no Page keys. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 5:17 AM

Here's my suggestion for achieving a *similar* workflow to what you're attempting:

1. Create a collection containing the commentaries you wish to use.

2. Select the "show in parallel resources" checkbox

3. Open one of the chosen commentaries, then from the parallel resources button click the header of the column containing your collection.

NOTE: If you have multiple collections that are shown in parallel resources, you may need to navigate to another panel.

4. BINGO! You can cycle through the chosen commentaries using only the left/right arrow keys!

Posts 432
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 8:25 AM

That's an interesting idea, thanks. I hadn't thought about using collections in this way. 

Posts 432
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 8:28 AM

I don't suppose there's a way to create a Collection from currently open resources, is there? That would be a great feature to have.

Posts 385
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 5:47 PM

Gregory Lawhorn:

I'm using a laptop, so no Page keys. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

On my laptop I can use Fn + Up/Down key for Page Up/Down. Pretty sure that all laptops have some way to do it.

Posts 31318
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:07 PM

Gregory Lawhorn:

I don't suppose there's a way to create a Collection from currently open resources, is there? That would be a great feature to have.

You can do it in two steps:

• Create Bibliography from open resources
  • Create Collection from Bibliography

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 432
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 3:22 AM

MJ. Smith:

You can do it in two steps:

• Create Bibliography from open resources
  • Create Collection from Bibliography

Got it, thanks, that's helpful in a lot of ways

Posts 432
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 3:25 AM

Bernhard:

On my laptop I can use Fn + Up/Down key for Page Up/Down. Pretty sure that all laptops have some way to do it.

That works on my Mac, too, but it's paging down in the open resource, not cycling through tabs in that panel. Thanks for the suggestion, though, it was worth a shot. 

Posts 385
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 4:02 AM

Gregory Lawhorn:

Bernhard:

That works on my Mac, too, but it's paging down in the open resource, not cycling through tabs in that panel. Thanks for the suggestion, though, it was worth a shot. 

In this case, you need to add Ctrl of course (Ctrl+Fn+Up/down)

Posts 432
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 7:55 AM

Bernhard:

In this case, you need to add Ctrl of course (Ctrl+Fn+Up/down)

Tried that, Ctrl-FN-Up/Down does nothing at all. Tried Shift-FN, Option-FN, CMD-FN, no dice. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS