Proclaim OSB and local Logos database integration?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 62
Jason Ledbetter | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 17 2016 2:34 PM

Folk,

This is a feature request. If I'm using the OSB and have Logos installed locally with all content downloaded, can Proclaim pull the OSB content from the Logos database instead of an API query over the wire?

So far the few times I've tried to use OSB "live" in a service, the delay has been less than ideal (rural area, internet isn't great).

-j

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 3:22 PM

Hi, Jason. This is an interesting request -- I'll run it by the rest of the dev team to see what they think! For the time being, there's no way to avoid making a web request during service to query for a reference.

Out of curiosity, how long does it typically take to pull up a reference on your network?

Posts 62
Jason Ledbetter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 30 2016 8:04 AM

I'm looking at ~5 seconds minimum of total latency between they query and the initial rendering on the screen. It's often quicker for me to pull in a matching slide from media if one exists.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2016 8:38 PM

One workaround is to use Logos Bible Software (can be used offline) to send the reference to Proclaim

Posts 62
Jason Ledbetter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 2 2016 4:31 AM

I've used this method too as a workaround... and works reasonably well when I have enough heads up from the pastor as to his next reference. :)

Generally I get 0 seconds notice and just hAve to type fast... :)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS