Problem with Corresponding Words highlighting in ESV and BHS/WIVU in recent update

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 17 2016 3:49 PM

The Corresponding Words feature is not working properly for the ESV since this update.  I have "Same lemma" selected and it's highlighting the wrong words or parts of multiple words.  It's as if the highlighting is no longer properly aligned with the text.

The BHS/WIVU also seems to be off for Corresponding Words.  It's highlighting entire phrases that start with the same prepositions or conjunctions.

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 5:26 PM

Corresponding Words does not work at all for me either since the update. Here's an example:

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 5:33 PM

Same here ESV, BHW/NA28. Wow what a mess!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 49
Mike Hogue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 8:56 PM

Ditto.  I'm glad it wasn't just me...I'm also noticing that if I right-click a word and "search this resource" with lemma selected, I get zero results no matter how common the word. This could be another topic, but might be related - anyone else have this problem as well?

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 3:19 AM

Mike Hogue:
This could be another topic, but might be related

It's related to the resource update - I have the lemma search and Corr. Words issue with ESV, but neither is a problem for BHS/WIVU.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4639
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 6:02 AM

HI Kiyah

I too seem to be having a problem. After following the blog post I end up with this surprising result!

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 6:17 AM

The problem is pretty extensive and requires a thorough review on FL's part. Here is a BWS run from the LEB. Note the Sense section is messed up as the word highlighted is wrong and the display is a pericope, not the verse. I am on a Mac using Sierra.

Posts 29
Lourens de Jager | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 9:14 AM

I'm having similar problems with the ESV. Additionally none of my visual filters are working. I have greek and hebrew morph filters, but these are not even showing up in the dropdown list. They are displayed in my other resources like the NASB though.

Posts 23
Curtis M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 9:19 AM

There seems to be a bug in the ESV interlinear (see here) . Until it is fixed, you will have to use a different Bible. 

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 9:47 AM

Has anyone at FL/Logos acknowledged this yet? It's a pretty significant bug.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 9:50 AM

JH:

Philana acknowledged it at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/132024/859059.aspx#859059 

Posts 2629
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 9:51 AM

JH:

Hi JH,

It was acknowledged in https://community.logos.com/forums/p/132024/859059.aspx#859059 and we've updated the release notes for 7.1 SR-2 and 7.2 Beta 2. We are working on a solution.

Posts 2629
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 10:26 AM

John Fidel:

The problem is pretty extensive and requires a thorough review on FL's part. Here is a BWS run from the LEB. Note the Sense section is messed up as the word highlighted is wrong and the display is a pericope, not the verse. I am on a Mac using Sierra.

John,

I'm unable to reproduce the problem you seeing. When I run a BWS from the word forgive at PS 25:11 in the LEB I get this:

It's only showing individual verses, and specifically the word forgive.

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 10:43 AM

My BWS sense section defaults to ESV which is my preferred bible, so that must be the reason. When I prioritize the LEB I get the same results as you. So, it is the ESV causing problems.

Posts 2629
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 12:09 PM

Beloved:

Same here ESV, BHW/NA28. Wow what a mess!

The BHW is a separate issue than the ESV. I've created a case for the team to look at.

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee

Kiyah:
The Corresponding Words feature is not working properly for the ESV since this update.

An update to the ESV that fixes this has been shipped: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/132088.aspx 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS