Error after installing Logos 7.1.0.0040

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 85
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 18 2016 6:30 AM

Hello,

I have Verbum 7 on Windows 10, and every time (I've tried twice now) I download and install the update (Logos 7.1.0.0040) I get a message when I try to start Verbum that says that my library cannot open because I need to update to the newest version.  The only "solution" I have found to this is to uninstall Verbum and reinstall (and scan the resources from an external drive). 

Does anyone know what I should do?  Is anyone else having this problem?

Posts 24232
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 6:34 AM

HI Br. Andrew - and welcome to the forums.

Br. Andrew:
I have Verbum 7 on Windows 10, and every time (I've tried twice now) I download and install the update (Logos 7.1.0.0040) I get a message when I try to start Verbum that says that my library cannot open because I need to update to the newest version. 

Very strange - have you been running beta versions of the software at all?

Br. Andrew:
The only "solution" I have found to this is to uninstall Verbum and reinstall (and scan the resources from an external drive). 

What version are you actually running now?

Graham

PS: This will probably get moved to the Logos 7 forum where more people will see it

Posts 85
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 7:13 AM

I am currently running Verbum 7.0 SR-37.0.0.0095 (I just reinstalled without updating) and all my resources work fine, but when I update, Verbum won't open at all.

I have never ran any beta versions of the software.

Posts 3343
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 3:12 PM

Br. Andrew:

I am currently running Verbum 7.0 SR-37.0.0.0095 (I just reinstalled without updating) and all my resources work fine, but when I update, Verbum won't open at all.

I have never ran any beta versions of the software.

Hi Andrew,

Can you follow the instructions in my signature to enable logging. Then try to open Verbum, after it fails please zip the folder (it should be in your Documents folder). Zip/Compress that folder and upload it to this thread. It will help in diagnosing the problem.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS