I want this feature but how?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 19 2016 12:19 PM

I can't tell you what the name of the feature is since I don't know. I have a screen shot here. I want those bubbles next to the bible text; who, where, when and why. 

Please help.  - This screen shot was taken from the video Explore The Differences Between Translations. If you're wondering, no, the video did not talk about the bubble or how he put it there. 

Posts 877
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 12:26 PM

This is a Visual Filter using Louw-Nida, which you can download by joining this group (5 W's and H). https://faithlife.com/logos-visual-filters/activity

Posts 877
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 12:26 PM

This is a Visual Filter using Louw-Nida, which you can download by joining this group (5 W's and H). https://faithlife.com/logos-visual-filters/activity 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 12:52 PM

KPK:
I can't tell you what the name of the feature is since I don't know. I have a screen shot here. I want those bubbles next to the bible text; who, where, when and why. 

Faithlife group Logos Visual Filters => https://faithlife.com/logos-visual-filters/documents has many Louw-Nida visual filters

Screen shot showing four Louw-Nida visual filters in ESV:

Logos wiki => Examples of visual filters has more screen shots of various visual filters.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 1:23 PM

Okay. I went to the group and got a little crazy and now my LOGOS is the da bomb! HAHA! Thank you so much! I am so excited to study. Why did I not know about this?!! I've been missing out y'all! Big Smile

Posts 133
Chuck Forsythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 12:33 PM

Again, I am confused, a frequent condition for me <grin>! 

I went to the group and registered. I found the Louw-Nida visual filter and clicked on the action button and then "get a copy." 

So, how do I install the copy? Thus far, I cannot find the Louw-Nida filter in my Logos 7 visual filer list. 

Chuck

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 12:47 PM

Chuck Forsythe:
So, how do I install the copy?

After "get a copy" online, the application needs to be online to download copy into your Documents. Does Louw-Nida appear in your Documents ?

FYI: my Documents has primary sort of Type and secondary sort of Title.

Visual Filter(s) appear in resource(s) menu where visual filter(s) can be used: e.g. ESV has four Louw-Nida visual filters

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 133
Chuck Forsythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 4:48 PM

Once I click on "get a copy," my computer remains online. 

However, there is no Louw-Nida appear in my Documents. 

When I go to the ESV and click on visual filters, there is no  Louw-Nida. 

Since there are so many different Louw-Nida filters in the document section of  Logos Visual Filters group, does it matter which filter I select?

Chuck

Posts 133
Chuck Forsythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 4:50 PM

After I downloaded the filer, there is no copy of Louw-Nida in my Documents and there is no visual filter in the ESV. 

Since there are so many Louw-Nida filters, does it matter which one I download?

Chuck

Posts 133
Chuck Forsythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 4:51 PM

Sorry about the double post. I got an error message between the first and second post saying the post was not sent. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2016 11:39 AM

Chuck Forsythe:

Since there are so many Louw-Nida filters, does it matter which one I download?

Six sets of Louw-Nida visual filters have been published, which highlight different Louw-Nida aspects. Visual Filter needs Higlighting Palette so copying a Visual Filter should include copy of Highlighting Palette (automatically). If copy a visual filter with the same name, then numeric suffix is added for your documents.

Apologies since currently do not know what is different between the various published Highlighting Palettes and Visual Filters.

Faithlife Group shows four sets of highlighting palettes with the same name => https://faithlife.com/logos-visual-filters/documents

Documents.logos.com shows Added by => https://documents.logos.com/groups/3376172/documents?offset=0&sortType=Date&sortOrder=Descending&filter=Louw-Nida&privacy=All&documentKind=All

Highlighting Palettes can be customized: e.g. bubble in line, above, below, ... plus color(s), size, ...

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2016 1:14 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Apologies since currently do not know what is different between the various published Highlighting Palettes

Now have two choices for Louw-Nida Who, What, Where, Why

Capsules inline = Louw-Nida (Who,What,Where,Why)

Smaller text below = Louw-Nida Who, What, Where, Why

Capsule size cannot be adjusted (always 100 %); learned to choose color before clicking Capsule when editing style.

Duplicative Louw-Nida Highlighting Palettes have been withdrawn from Faithlife Group publication:

Personal preference is smaller text below so can use Louw-Nida Who,What,When,Where with Logos Greek Morphology visual filters:

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS