Pastor Appreciation Month What are the best items

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1072
Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 19 2016 8:26 PM

Please say what you think are the best resources & why. 

Or which you picked and why you would recommend it to others.

I am try to add one or more resources but am undecided.

And these were not part of the October special... 

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1072
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 11:14 PM

What is this 122 views and no one has anything to say about resources they like?

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 6219
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 1:51 AM

If I were you, I would go for the POSB instead of the Homiletic commentaries. I think it's way better quality and not that dated and they cost about the same.

DAL

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 5:02 AM

Lee:
no one has anything to say about resources they like?

Personally, what I already have, verses whats being offered, nothing made me jump

Edit: I should say, not that I wasn't interested in anything, but the price/savings on the collections I did like didn't make me jump. And several of the collections that were potentially worth buying are included in base packages which I'd more likely purchase in the future.

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 5:03 AM

DAL:

If I were you, I would go for the POSB instead of the Homiletic commentaries. I think it's way better quality and not that dated and they cost about the same.

DAL

I agree with DAL; I do have both series and prefer the POSB as I think it has more practical helps. Most of the POSB commentaries are KJV but a few are now also based on the NIV. I believe the Homiletic  commentaries came in a base package I purchased a while back. I've included a comparison of the two on Mt 6:34 the POSB commentary is just a small portion of what the commentary includes on this verse. The first one is the POSB and the second one is the PHC

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS