crash when starting Logos

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 20 2016 5:33 PM

6562.Logos Log Files.rar

Logs attached. Just had a ton of updates done at PC shop. "Logos stopped responding" and crashes a few seconds after the login screen. Downloaded the installer exe and tried installing again, no luck (didn't take screenshot of the error, sorry).

Logged into my other account which contains the beta version and that one seemed to work fine.

Posts 24847
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2016 3:40 AM

Please re-attach logs in compressed zip format.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2016 4:36 AM

Brian Maag:
Just had a ton of updates done at PC shop. "Logos stopped responding" and crashes a few seconds after the login screen.

LogosCrash.txt includes:

Error detail: UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\rokch1a1.5pb\LibraryCatalog\catalog.met' is denied.

Logos Support => https://www.logos.com/support/windows/error-writing-to-file shows changing file and folder ownership

Dave Hooton:

Please re-attach logs in compressed zip format.

Open Source 7-Zip => http://www.7-zip.org/ can open rar

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Deane Plew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2016 7:31 AM

I'm having the same problem. Logos begins to open and then I get this notice: "Logos Bible Software has stopped working."

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2016 11:05 AM

Deane Plew:

I'm having the same problem. Logos begins to open and then I get this notice: "Logos Bible Software has stopped working."

Hi Deane,

To better help in diagnosing the problem we need complete logs. Please do the following:

1. Turn Diagnostic Logging (you'll find instructions in my signature in this post)
2. Recreate the issue you are eperiencing with Logos.
3. Without reopening Logos please go to the folder that contains your logs (the section for your Operating System I referenced Step 1 will tell you where it is for your particular OS).
4. Zip/Compress the entire folder.
5. Upload the compressed folder to this thread.

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2016 11:07 AM

Brian Maag:

6562.Logos Log Files.rar

Logs attached. Just had a ton of updates done at PC shop. "Logos stopped responding" and crashes a few seconds after the login screen. Downloaded the installer exe and tried installing again, no luck (didn't take screenshot of the error, sorry).

Logged into my other account which contains the beta version and that one seemed to work fine.

Brian,

In future when you upload log files, if you right-click on the logs folder you should have the option to compress the Send to | Compressed (zipped) folder. You can then upload that file.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2016 11:08 AM

Deane Plew:

Welcome Big Smile

Support has pages with diagnostic steps:

Windows => What to do if Logos Crashes

Mac => What to do if Logos Crashes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2016 5:15 PM

Looks like mine turned out to be an issue with my Windows profile (many other issues that were isolated to my primary account). I'm building a new computer profile and the Logos installation seems to be working well on it.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS