Page 6 of 6 (118 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
This post has 117 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 10197
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 12 2018 6:03 AM

doc:
They just don't get it because they are too busy chasing their next big idea to take the care and consideration to do communication well.

Well said. Yes Yes

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 2217
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 12 2018 7:50 AM

I don't think that it's the occasional delay that concerns people, it's the continual delays.  For example - Amos, Jonah and Micah is scheduled to be released this month.  However, it was initially scheduled for release May of 2017, this was pushed back to December 2017, then January, then March, then April and now May 2018.  

Posts 430
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 12 2018 9:12 AM

doc:
The issue is the lack of clear open communication from Faithlife...but that's something I have been saying for many years. They just don't get it because they are too busy chasing their next big idea to take the care and consideration to do communication well.

True, but it is also the reality that after a seven year search they still have not been able to even identify authors for some of the texts. If they have truly made this a priority that is very discouraging, if it has not been a priority that is also discouraging! Either way, I have just reached the point that I will be happy with whatever is produced in my lifetime. I would certainly not spend money in advance like that again, but live and learn Smile

Posts 2717
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 12 2018 1:58 PM

This is why I sold my set- if I need it and its available- I might purchase it- but at 63 i'll use the $$ elsewhere.

Posts 3
Jim Lowther | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 12:12 AM

I would request not thanking me for making a huge mistake.  Detailed updates cannot hide the fact that this product has become a marketing fiasco.

Posts 2338
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 4:03 AM

On the bright side, the Amos Micah Jonah volume downloaded last night for me

Posts 430
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 4:07 AM

Mattillo:

Yes

Posts 214
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 4:31 AM

Mattillo:

Yes. I have looked through the commentary today, and again I am very pleased with what I'm seeing so far.

This IS a great series. I guess that's why I feel so disappointed about the major delays and frustrated by the poor/inaccurate info being shared. Buying this entire series is the only purchase at Logos that I regret, despite the fact that I absolutely love the commentaries that have come out. Since several volumes were give-aways and others highly discounted, I could have saved a lot of money and spent it on stuff I can actually use in my lifetime. Anyway, every time a new volume does come out (and this is only the second one in three years time!), I feel a little bit of comfort. Smile

Posts 8107
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 9:24 AM

André Kamphuis:
I have looked through the commentary today, and again I am very pleased with what I'm seeing so far.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 5:22 PM

Hey,

Can anybody make a list and resources timestamp that have published?

Ex, lls:.....

Thanks

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 50
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 6:25 PM

I could look in my library but it's not accurate since there have been updates to the EEC volumes. I could look in my orders but that wouldn't work either because I bought the entire set before it was published.  I can't help you so maybe Faithlife can.

Posts 5007
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 9:31 PM

And to make things even more complicated James was released and pulled due to plagiarism concern... I really wish they had simply corrected the errors and kept it. At least I own it but it was a fine volume. 

-dan 

Posts 10197
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2018 3:02 AM

Ben:
Can anybody make a list and resources timestamp that have published?

Sorting by Electronic Pub date will give the year of release. The Publication date in the next column would yield the same result.

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 2338
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 1:38 PM

FL Staff or EEC Staff

Are there any updates on the EEC?  I looked at the product page today on logos.com and I noticed that some have "In Writing" next to them and others "In Review with Series Editors" but the vast majority don't have anything.  Does this mean those authors haven't even started them yet?

Thank you

Posts 2338
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 6:00 AM

FL Staff or EEC Staff

Are there any updates on the EEC?  I looked at the product page today on logos.com and I noticed that some have "In Writing" next to them and others "In Review with Series Editors" but the vast majority don't have anything.  Does this mean those authors haven't even started them yet?

Thank you

Posts 63
LogosEmployee
Jake Mailhot | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2018 3:23 PM

Mattillo,

Thanks for checking in again. I currently have no new updates regarding the EEC. I'll see if Derek has anything to add.

As for the volumes without a publication status, I'll refer you to my post from May:

Jake Mailhot:

When we updated the product page with the new publication status updates, we removed all of the estimated release dates (as we said we would). For the volumes that we don't have any concrete update for (as provided by Derek), we did not include a publication status at all. This does not mean that they are not currently being worked on. I can assure you that there are more than just four volumes currently in the writing stage. When I have more concrete details for these volumes, I will update the product page and post here on this forum thread. But I'm hesitant to assume anything until I have those details in hand from Derek.

Posts 2338
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2018 3:39 PM

Thank you Jake!

Posts 2339
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2018 4:15 PM

The product page's bio of the author of the commentary Philemon in this series should be updated, as he's no longer a grad student. The author of the commentary on Song of Songs has also moved up and over in the academic world, as has the author of the commentary on the Epistles of John, while the author of the one on Jude is no longer a professor. And I noticed a change in another published EEC author's bio that I haven't mentioned.

Given that the series is still under publication and that most of the changes enhance the authors' academic credibility, I think that someone from FL should check and potentially revise all of the bios, at least of the authors not yet deceased.

Page 6 of 6 (118 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS