Amazon reviews in Logos

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 23 2016 11:52 AM

I'm wondering what it would take to get Amazon reviews added to Logos product pages? There are very view reviews within Logos itself, and it would be incredibly helpful to be able to see the reviews in Amazon added in.

Would this be possible? Thoughts?

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2016 1:52 PM

Interesting thought - Vyrso takes people to the Good Reads reviews so it's not outside of the realm of possibility.  

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2016 2:16 PM

Amazon happens to have an API that can be used to retrieve product reviews, however the terms of use of that API state:

"Unsuitable applications include those that:
(a) do not have as their principal purpose advertising and marketing the Amazon Site and driving sales of products and services on the Amazon Site;"

So I don't think we're going to see them on logos.com.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3711
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2016 5:59 PM

The other option is for publishers to encourage reviewers to post to Vryson or LOGOS or whatever. As a book reviewer, I have primary control over where my reviews are used. I often, though not always, look to see if a book I am reviewing is available from one of Faithlife's catalogs. If so, I will post a copy of my review.

Neither LOGOS nor the publisher are allowed to pay me for the review other than by providing me a copy of the book. If they do, I am obligated to reveal that fact. 

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1513
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2016 7:20 AM

Yes, I think this is a great idea. I would also like to see a table of contents. I find myself going to Amazon quite often because the product page on Logos is not sufficient. 

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2016 8:28 AM

Floyd Johnson:

The other option is for publishers to encourage reviewers to post to Vryson or LOGOS or whatever. As a book reviewer, I have primary control over where my reviews are used. I often, though not always, look to see if a book I am reviewing is available from one of Faithlife's catalogs. If so, I will post a copy of my review.

Neither LOGOS nor the publisher are allowed to pay me for the review other than by providing me a copy of the book. If they do, I am obligated to reveal that fact. 

The problem is that the review process for Logos is not as good as Amazon. The reviews are not intuitive on the website and it is not easy to make reviews. It is really a shame, because if we would automatically pull down site reviews into the software (communityrating in the library and an easy way to look at reviews) and could make our own reviews from the info pane, you would see more. It would also be good to incorporate professional reviews.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS