Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 4:43 PM

MJ. Smith:
To search the church fathers who are frequently loosely quoted - still waiting

A global fuzzy search would excellent for this type of situation.  There are many like it.  Searching for quotes in translated works is difficult because of the many translations (not just loose quoting).  Also searching for misquoted phrases would benefit from fuzzy search to help find the accurate quote.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 40
GCFSR | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 9:01 PM

Why I cannot replicate in my logos7 the demo video? Please tell me what I missed. Thanks a lot for help.

God bless everyone.

Posts 2523
LogosEmployee

GCFSR:

Why I cannot replicate in my logos7 the demo video?

Because since the video was made there have been changes to how results are ranked.

Posts 40
GCFSR | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 9:42 PM

In the demo, the result has 4996 results while in my logos I have only 273 results. I am wondering if it has to do with the package I have. I have only gold.

However I tried to check manually Gen 49:10 in ESV, "scepter" is there but my logos failed to show it.

Posts 40
GCFSR | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 11:18 PM

You are right. It showed Gen 49:10 in the last part of the list. It seems my logos has different ranking. I need to explore how to change the ranking.

Posts 31281
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 11:57 PM

GCFSR:
I need to explore how to change the ranking.

I do not believe that is possible.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2523
LogosEmployee

GCFSR:

In the demo, the result has 4996 results while in my logos I have only 273 results. I am wondering if it has to do with the package I have. I have only gold.

However I tried to check manually Gen 49:10 in ESV, "scepter" is there but my logos failed to show it.

The number of results is not particularly significant with Fuzzy Bible Search. Your library ownership has no bearing on the results that are returned. The intended use of the search is to help you find a passage when you do not remember the exact wording. It works best with phrases (not single words or lists of words), and it doesn't attempt to return all possible verses that include the terms your enter. If you want an exhaustive list of all verses with those words, try switching to a Bible search, or use a Basic search on just your ESV (if you want words that appear in a chapter together rather than in the same verse).

Posts 2720
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 26 2017 9:40 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
Logos Now membership or Logos Cloud (levels Plus and higher) subscription is required. 

Hm, is there a reason why it's not being made available to users who purchased a Logos 3 (Libronix) base package in the past, and therefore already own and paid for this feature for a previous software version...?

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2523
LogosEmployee

Jan Krohn:

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
Logos Now membership or Logos Cloud (levels Plus and higher) subscription is required. 

Hm, is there a reason why it's not being made available to users who purchased a Logos 3 (Libronix) base package in the past, and therefore already own and paid for this feature for a previous software version...?

Despite the same name, this new feature operates in a fundamentally differently fashion than the L3 fuzzy search, and is a completely different feature. The old feature searched any single resource in a fuzzy fashion. This new feature instead looks for exact (nearly exact) matches across all Bibles (and some datasets) and uses statistical mechanisms to rank the to find the closest matching Bible verses. For this reason, the new feature works only in Bibles and not in any other kinds of resources.

Posts 2720
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 27 2017 8:41 AM

Thanks Andrew for the explanation.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS