Hey, can we get some more bids in on the Mormon studies collection?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 58
WR82 | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2016 11:35 AM

Lots of primary source documents here:

https://www.logos.com/product/16021/mormon-studies-collection

It's currently $30 in CP.

WR82

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2016 4:42 PM

I also have a bid in at $30. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look very hopeful as it currently stands at less than 20%.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2016 4:54 PM

I have bid too Smile

Hope this set will make it.

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 532
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2016 4:56 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I also have a bid in at $30. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look very hopeful as it currently stands at less than 20%.

Sadly does look that way Sad

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2016 4:59 PM

I bid for this back in 2012. I highly doubt it will ever leave community pricing.

Posts 2328
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2016 5:45 PM

I've posted on this before - too.  I can't believe that bidding is so low. 

Posts 1359
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2016 6:53 PM

Good luck. There's simply not a lot of value in these, in or outside Logos. 

Previous discussion. http://community.logos.com/forums/t/50572.aspx

A suggestion for an actually useful and up-to-date Mormon Studies Collection, the kind of book that shows up in college classes- http://community.logos.com/forums/p/88557/623099.aspx 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 81
Smiling Guy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 9:56 AM

I too bid on this back in 2012, hoping to get them in Logos. I would really love to see this gain some more traction. Sad that it is still so low interest. It would be great to gain access to these resources as a way to study the early teachings of the LDS church in both a historical and apologetic manner. Many western states in the US have a sizable Mormon influence and it would be great to gain a deeper understanding of the origins of the faith. Maybe we need to consider increasing the price point if we cannot get more people to bid on it?

Macbook Pro  |  OSX 10.6.8  |  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 |  4 GB Ram  |  320 GB HDD

Posts 506
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 10:43 AM

I wish that the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price would be made available on their own.  I think there would at least be enough interest in those primary documents.    

Posts 105
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2016 2:41 PM

This resource appears to be quite an extensive and valuable reference for comparative studies and apologetics. I put my bid in. The projected price on this one can't be beat. It may never be this affordable again once it gets out of CP. I hope it does soon.

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2016 6:58 AM

Daniel Yoder:

I wish that the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price would be made available on their own.  I think there would at least be enough interest in those primary documents.    

Good idea, make a CP Package of these items ! 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS