Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2017 5:35 AM

Martin Valman:

is it possible to rum Logos on any e-ink tablet after 1 feb?

It will run, but it will not be supported (basically just as before 1 Feb....)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 87
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2017 2:12 PM

Would've been good to know this was happening at worst on the blog for those of us not always in the forums.  I just did a complete refresh of my 4.2.2 Android e-ink device to find out I cannot install the app. Could you please post a link to the last working apk install file?

Hopefully one day we will have some official e-ink support https://community.logos.com/forums/p/131546/856336.aspx

Posts 2
grasiano paladini | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 4:43 AM

Bom dia, meu tablet é 4.4 , e não está alternando entre os livros da biblia, que faço?

Também nao consigo visualizar os números de Strong em português, na biblia Ra+Strong, pode me ajudar? 

Att,

Grasiano Paladini 

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 10:23 AM

Randle Bond:
Would've been good to know this was happening at worst on the blog for those of us not always in the forums.

Hi Randle,

I'll talk with the team that handles this to see if in the future we can add end-of-life notices to the blog. We announced this on the forums back in October, hoping 3 months would be enough lead time.

Randle Bond:

I just did a complete refresh of my 4.2.2 Android e-ink device to find out I cannot install the app. Could you please post a link to the last working apk install file?

Faithlife doesn't have direct download links to our mobile apps. If you install Google Play on your device you should still be able to download 5.11.2 to your device for the next few days.

Posts 298
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 10:27 AM

So if we have to do a reinstall somewhere down the line, will we be able to install a version that does work for our older tablets?

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Ordinariate. Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 10:40 AM

Not sure if it's safe, but the download is certainly available from other sources as well.

https://apkpure.com/logos-bible/com.logos.androidlogos

(To be on the safe side, better do an anti virus scan of the file after download...)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 1:42 PM

Definitely not good news as I have a Samsung 10.1 Note that runs fine - although only on 4.1.2 - that I use extensively for Logos at church and such. It's unfortunate that manufactures - at least Samsung has told me - that Americans flip their devices to often to care about providing updates. It's not true but very frustrating.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 5:20 AM

Ken S:

Definitely not good news as I have a Samsung 10.1 Note that runs fine - although only on 4.1.2 - that I use extensively for Logos at church and such. It's unfortunate that manufactures - at least Samsung has told me - that Americans flip their devices to often to care about providing updates. It's not true but very frustrating.

"Your insight serves you well." That device-flipping behavior is vendor-driven, not consumer-driven. My Kindle Fire HD fell prey to the same vendor mindset.

Posts 1704
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 10:29 AM

Ken S:
that Americans flip their devices to often to care about providing updates.

Sure, if they don't allow OS updates, it's self-fulfilling.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS