Tyndale OT and NT Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 55
Phelix Lockhart | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 11 2010 2:28 PM

I just recieved the Tyndale Commentaries and I noticed that they are not tag as a series and they are not grouped together in the library. Is this how they are suppose to be or is this a mistake?

Posts 3855
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 2:31 PM

It has been noticed before - but I have not seen a comment from LOGOS as of yet.

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 2:49 PM

minister.lockhart@gmail.com:
I just recieved the Tyndale Commentaries

These should all have the series tag: Tyndale Commentaries but in the normal Library view (ordered by title alphabetically) they won't appear together since they do not use the word Tyndale in the first part of the title. Some metadata was incorrect when then discs were pressed so Logos 4 will have to download that for you. It will do so.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 55
Phelix Lockhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 2:50 PM

Thanks

Posts 55
Phelix Lockhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 2:55 PM

Will Logos 4 download it automatic or do you have to do something special?

Posts 3855
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 2:57 PM

Thanks Mark - I know the last time I checked I still had no Series notated with these titles.  Which tells me it must be automatic - assuming you are set up to receive updates automatically.

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 3:02 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Which tells me it must be automatic - assuming you are set up to receive updates automatically.

That's right. In this case only the metadata needed to be updated so it didn't require a long download for updated resources. We wouldn't have seen it happen.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 55
Phelix Lockhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 8:04 AM

I have been waiting for Logos to download the tags, but with not success.

Posts 3855
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 8:14 AM

Have you tried typing "Update Now" into the Command Box?

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 8:17 AM

minister.lockhart@gmail.com:

I have been waiting for Logos to download the tags, but with not success.

It usually happens when Logos is started.  I'm not sure what triggers it.  It might happen once a day.  I don't think "update now" will make the metadata update (I've tried it in the past when waiting for metadata updates).  So if you're sitting around with Logos running all the time, it might not happen.  Try restarting.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 55
Phelix Lockhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 10:30 AM

I called Logos today and one of the CSR, after seeing the info on the wiki page, said that he would tell the support team and hopefully this will rolled out with 4.0b.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 10:33 AM

That is a curious response. I suspect the CSR didn't know what he/she was talking about as the problem has already been fixed. You are just having trouble getting the solution downloaded.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 27260
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 3:45 PM

Todd Phillips:
It usually happens when Logos is started.  I'm not sure what triggers it.  It might happen once a day. 

From logs metadata checks happen soon after startup (or wakeup) and then every 6 hours. It is not activated with sync now (nor update now because it is not a download).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS