PB: Dr. Constable's Expository (Bible Study) Notes

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 388
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 10:52 AM

Wow! How can I quote someone without paying attention to what they said?? I see you had already answered my question. I'm still using Word 2010 so need to upgrade.

Thanks again

Posts 40
David Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 3:26 PM

I downloaded these and converted them myself in "quick and dirty" manner. I could wish they were done better, but I can access them for my own study. I had opportunity to meet Dr. Constable and was impressed with his heart. I have found these commentaries to be a good blend of pastoral heart and tacking the issues an expositor will be concerned with. It seems to me that if Galaxie does not want to update the 2003 edition we should not be bound respecting what is now mostly out of date. Every year Dr. Constable revises them and as new scholarship comes out he does major revisions. What is available on his website now bears little resemblance to the Galaxie version Logos markets.

Posts 31
Mark Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2016 8:03 AM

OK here's the latest:

I've dialogued with Dan Pritchett and he said that the Product and Licensing Teams are in middle of working to update the notes and are close to having an update ready.  So I am not to post them.  Dr. Constable's notes are generally updated annually, so I don't know how current they will be kept in a Logos format, but we'll see.  As far as converting them yourself goes, using the PDFs and converting them to Word seems to result in the best formatting.  I used Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) to convert them to Word and it did an excellent job.  They could certainly also benefit from tagging or whatever it is called, but that would indeed take a extraordinary amount of time.  I would imagine that the Logos version will be tagged with milestones, datatype links, resource links, etc., so it would be very superior to this process.  All that being said, if anyone would like more info. about this, you can email me at marckdavis1 at gmail dot com.

Posts 1643
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2016 10:29 AM

OK so logos will be putting a newer edition up for purchase soon?

Posts 1517
Gao Lu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2016 4:38 PM

Wish we could get an update...Logos, are you listening?

Posts 107
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2017 9:28 AM

Any update on this from FaithLife?

Posts 1643
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2017 9:37 AM

Yes an update would be nice

Posts 1643
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:20 AM

Maybe an update?

Posts 107
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 7:01 PM

Any update on these notes?

Posts 3448
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 4:41 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Mattillo:

The attached document has a general purpose macro to convert all PDFs in a folder. Just open the docm and click the button. It needs Word 2013 or later to run.

I'm hoping to have a more elaborate macro specific to the Constable files, if you want to wait.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6gnhwhf1mfv3zd/Convert_PDF_Batch.docm?dl=0 

I'm unable to get the dropbox "button" to click so I can download the macro. Is anyone else able to do so? Does anyone else have a macro that works as well or better? Thanks much in advance!

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Bill

W8.1 64bit, Office 2016
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 16Gb RAM, 512Gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD
HTC One M8, Android 6.21.605.3

Posts 1363
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 5:05 PM

Hi Bill:

For whatever reason, I've had a rash of Dropbox links get dropped out of the box, but this particular one still seems to work for me. I wanted to attach it directly to the forum here, but I guess the forum software is spooked by .docm files (sheer superstition). Here's the Dropbox again:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6gnhwhf1mfv3zd/Convert_PDF_Batch.docm?dl=0 

Win7 Android 4.4.2

Posts 1643
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 6:10 AM

Mark Davis:

OK here's the latest:

I've dialogued with Dan Pritchett and he said that the Product and Licensing Teams are in middle of working to update the notes and are close to having an update ready.  So I am not to post them.  Dr. Constable's notes are generally updated annually, so I don't know how current they will be kept in a Logos format, but we'll see.  As far as converting them yourself goes, using the PDFs and converting them to Word seems to result in the best formatting.  I used Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) to convert them to Word and it did an excellent job.  They could certainly also benefit from tagging or whatever it is called, but that would indeed take a extraordinary amount of time.  I would imagine that the Logos version will be tagged with milestones, datatype links, resource links, etc., so it would be very superior to this process.  All that being said, if anyone would like more info. about this, you can email me at marckdavis1 at gmail dot com.

On a related side note... any news from FL on updating their version of the notes?

Posts 3448
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 10:22 AM

Wow, Robert! Chrome still doesn't seem to find a button that works. It's visually there, just doesn't act like it's a hot link.If you don't mind sending it directly, I can be reached at <deleted>. Thanks for your trouble, either way.

Bill Stonebraker.

Bill

W8.1 64bit, Office 2016

Posts 1363
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 10:47 AM

BillS:
If you don't mind sending it directly,

OK

Win7 Android 4.4.2

Posts 3448
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 3:12 PM

Many thanks, Robert!

Bill

W8.1 64bit, Office 2016

Posts 3448
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 13 2017 1:09 PM

Well, I ran the macro after putting all the PDFs into a single folder & there were no errors, but the resulting files were gibberish. There was no readable info in the Word files or in the resulting PB. I'm wondering what I did wrong? It processed like it was definitely doing something.

Was there another macro I was also supposed to have enabled in Word?

Thanks for counsel, Robert!

Bill

W8.1 64bit, Office 2016

Posts 1363
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 7:45 AM

Bill:

If it's acceptable to do so, send me 2 or 3 of the PDFs so I can see what's going on.

Win7 Android 4.4.2

Posts 3448
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Today 1:27 PM

It's done!

Thanks!

Bill

W8.1 64bit, Office 2016

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.