Dr. O’Brien’s commentary Volume 44 in the Word Biblical Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5235
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 7 2016 11:10 AM
Dr. O’Brien’s commentary on Colossians and Philemon, volume 44 in the Word Biblical Commentary (WBC) is the next to go bye bye. Zondervan is withdrawing WBC v. 44 https://bit.ly/2eFPpbX Sorry I cannot get a valid url link today on the forum... You will have to copy and paste. -Dan
Posts 2685
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 11:59 AM

Dan Francis:
Dr. O’Brien’s commentary on Colossians and Philemon, volume 44 in the Word Biblical Commentary (WBC) is the next to go bye bye. Zondervan is withdrawing WBC v. 44 https://bit.ly/2eFPpbX Sorry I cannot get a valid url link today on the forum... You will have to copy and paste. -Dan

Thanks for the update

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 27121
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 12:01 PM

https://bit.ly/2eFPpbX 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9041
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 12:48 PM

Very sad, but not totally unexpected. Thanks for letting us know.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 853
LogosEmployee

We're working with Zondervan on this. We'll likely handle it in the same way we've handled the other O'Brien issues. I'll post an update when I have more information.

To be clear: You can keep your commentaries. You own them. You won't be forced to return them if you don't want to.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 1404
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 2:09 PM

Ben Amundgaard:

We're working with Zondervan on this. We'll likely handle it in the same way we've handled the other O'Brien issues. I'll post an update when I have more information.

To be clear: You can keep your commentaries. You own them. You won't be forced to return them if you don't want to.

I think it would be fare if you could negotiate to trade for other WBC or similar to this volume commentary 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 5235
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 2:17 PM

Thanks alabama24 for doing the active link... The complete tool bar was not coming up and as you can tell formatting was not even working quite right as I typical do not have one long running line with no breaks...

-Dan

PS:Bar is now back, not sure what was going on earlier.. 

Posts 6122
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 5:12 PM

Wild Eagle:

Ben Amundgaard:

I think it would be fare if you could negotiate to trade for other WBC or similar to this volume commentary 

No it wouldn't be fair.  The deal is to return the one that is not good so you can buy something else or keep it if you don't want to return it.  Anything else would be unreasonable  and an attempt to take advantage of this situation. You can always buy something else with your refund and pay for the difference, if applicable.  It is what it is, but let's be fair ourselves.

DAL

Posts 299
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 6:37 PM

I would be inclined to keep my O'Brien volumes. They have proven useful, though I wouldn't quote them in my research papers.

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 9:07 PM

Dan Francis:
Dr. O’Brien’s commentary on Colossians and Philemon, volume 44 in the Word Biblical Commentary

That is another volume I will be keeping.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 10:21 PM

Well, I gues I spent the Rest of my Life by checking all my Commentaries and all other Books if they quote the "political Correct" right Way and stop study them for giving me Help in my Faith in Christ. Wink 

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 10:45 PM

Sascha John:
"political Correct"

er ... ah... this has to do with legal liability and academic responsibility not political correctness ....

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 11:03 PM

I don't doupt someones liability and academic responsibility just because he has not quoted as he should. I should say "liability and academic correctness" For me the whole Isuse is Nonsense but this is my Few.

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2016 11:48 PM

Sascha John:
whole Isuse is Nonsense but this is my Few.

I assume you feel the same about:

• Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen (I suspect the charges here were unfounded)
  • Education Minister Annette Schavan (stepped down and lost degree)
  • Defense Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg (stepped down)
  • Development Minister Gerd Müller (I don't know results of this charge)
  • Vice-president of the European Parliament Silvana Koch-Mehrin (stepped down and lost degree)
  • high-profile politician of the pro-business Free Democratic Party, Jorgo Chatzimarkakis (stripped of degree)

And that is just within the last 5 years ...

Maybe is it considered less inappropriate in some countries than it is considered in the US, but while errors in citations always occur, the sloppiness implied by plagarism to me will always imply a sloppiness of thought and a lack of respect for others.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2016 1:55 AM

Yes to the First.

The only Thing I care is "is it true what he sayed" I don't care where he god it from.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS