Counterpoints Software Sale: $7 Apiece at Olive Tree and Accordance

Page 5 of 6 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 110 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 2:10 PM

For those interested, the most recent volume on Hell is $3.99 in Vyrso. 

https://vyrso.com/product/53891/four-views-on-hell 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 3238
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 4:13 PM

Nice! I snagged that one 

Posts 10554
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 4:29 PM

MJ. Smith:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
1 Corinthians was excluded on purpose. It recently shipped off Pre-Pub, and we do our best to protect the value of the Pre-Pub program.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Thanks for all your feedback. For those of you who purchased the whole set and are concerned, you can rest assured that we intend to protect the value of your purchase. We are experimenting with offering individual volumes as a tool to get people into the whole set (and we're open to reevaluating that decision). However, individual volumes will be priced much higher. So buying the set on Pre-Pub will still have been the best value for getting this set.

Some dates fort those comments would help those participating in this thread to understand.

Posts 3238
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 5:18 PM

John Kight:

It comes with the first edition too!

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 6:36 PM

Mattillo:

John Kight:

Two for one! And no Pre-Pub price worries!

Posts 6413
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 7:21 PM

John Kight:

That's the consolation price for all this trouble.

DAL

Posts 2314
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 8:57 PM

Mattillo:

I only got one edition. Did you have the first edition from a previous purchase?

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 9:48 PM

It's one volume with both editions. Check the contents. 

Posts 3238
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2016 3:40 AM

Yeah I only thought it was the second but when you look at the contents the first is after the second. 

Posts 2314
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2016 4:15 AM

Very well hidden! Big Smile

I wonder if I overlooked any other books in the past...

Let's hope this one makes it into Logos at some point.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 10:52 AM

FWIW, the recently posted Black Friday Sale has the Dictionary of the Old Testament: Wisdom, Poetry and Writings and Dictionary of the Old Testament: Prophets for $23.99/ea!! This is significantly lower than what I paid on pre-pub. 

If Faithlife can discount those two dictionaries below pre-pub price in the midst of the present conversation, why cant they do the same for the Counterpoint series? 

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 11:26 AM

John,

Thanks for pointing this out. I included this volume in error. It has now been removed from the sale.

My apologies for the mistake. 

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 11:34 AM

John Kight:

FWIW, the recently posted Black Friday Sale has the Dictionary of the Old Testament: Wisdom, Poetry and Writings and Dictionary of the Old Testament: Prophets for $23.99/ea!! This is significantly lower than what I paid on pre-pub. 

If Faithlife can discount those two dictionaries below pre-pub price in the midst of the present conversation, why cant they do the same for the Counterpoint series? 

It's a legitimate problem.

I feel bad John, but FL has already been offering the entire collection for $27.50 per volume as a part of the L7 upgrade offers. That per-volume price amounts to a 46% discount, compared to the current 60% Black Friday discount.

The pre-pub "lowest price promise" is regularly undercut by bundles and base packages. Some may say that's comparing apples to oranges, but I think the nature of this business is that whatever individual book is in pre-pub today will probably end up at a cheaper price down the road, after it gets bundled.

Faithlife needs a constant stream of new products to be able to continue to offer new bundles and base packages for L8, L9, etc.

In that sense, pre-pub probably has a more important role to ensure a future base package revenue stream, and a less important role to get new material into peoples' hands today. In general, anytime we can wait, a better offer will eventually surface, yet that makes it difficult to get items into production. I don't envy FL in trying to keep everyone happy.

Posts 6413
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 1:29 PM

John Kight:

Stop whining!!! Those came out of prepub a long time ago. Geez, really? I hate it when people start whining like spoiled little brats about everything! "oh, how come they are getting it cheaper? Boo hoo 😭 Whiner!

DAL

ps. I supposed you'll whine about this one too! (see pic below). Freaking Faithlife NEEDS TO GET AFTER IT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS FREAKING NONE SENSE. GET IT RESOLVED AND STOP DANCING AROUND FREAKING PROMISES YOU CANNOT KEEP! HOW MUCH WHINING YOU HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT THE SAME CRAP TO ACTUALLY START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

Posts 72
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 1:31 PM

I think you misread the comment. Seemed to me like it was saying the opposite

Posts 6413
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 1:46 PM
Andrew116:

I think you misread the comment. Seemed to me like it was saying the opposite

SAME DARN THING, FL NEEDS TO JUMP ON IT FAST. THIS WHOLE CRAP IS GETTING ANNOYING!
Posts 6413
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 1:56 PM

Matthew Miller:

John,

Thanks for pointing this out. I included this volume in error. It has now been removed from the sale.

My apologies for the mistake. 

How many times are you going to be making the same stupid mistake and apologizing for it? seriously, man!   I'm starting to get sick of Faithlife's inconsistency on this very freaking OLD ISSUE! GET IT FIXED!

Who do we have to talk to to get this mess resolved, because obviously Bob and every other faithlife  employee that  posts here is not doing anything about it. GET IT RESOLVED!

EXTREMELY ANNOYED CUSTOMER!

DAL

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 2:29 PM

DAL:
SAME DARN THING, FL NEEDS TO JUMP ON IT FAST. THIS WHOLE CRAP IS GETTING ANNOYING!

More and more trivial annoyances accumulate into greater customer dissatisfaction.

In regard to this matter, will FL have a policy in place for 1/1/2017, or will they put off determining this new policy until some point in 2017?

When FL doesn't have the time or manpower to deal with issues that go back months or years, and you discover that others have posted about the same thing in the past, it does demand a lot of patience and faith and hope that they will actually fix the problem sooner, rather than later or never.

Personally, I have a lot invested in pre-pub Mobile Ed. (I don't care if anyone can buy a course for less than my pre-pub price. I already feel blessed, and God bless them!) My biggest concern is that there would be no advance notice, if the company went out of business, and any videos streamed from the internet would be gone. Whatever the reason, people just would like assurances, as we've individually poured money into the company and Logos libraries, and many of us are "locked in" at this point, yet possibly disillusioned too with a growing number of issues that remain unresolved.

It would be nice if FL had a social manager who responded to community posts, and kept track of what was being done. Right now, it's more of a black hole where FL either doesn't reply, or mentions that they will get to it when they can. Either way, it's unpleasant being in the dark.

Frankly, having bought Logos, it has revealed areas in my life where I need surrender my cares to God, be less anxious, and simply be more thankful. I used to think I was extremely patient, but I've apparently never had to deal with smoldering dissatisfaction with a company such as FL.

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 2:37 PM

DAL:

How many times are you going to be making the same stupid mistake and apologizing for it? seriously, man!

People are human. Mistake happen. And I doubt anyone at FL is stupid.

Thank goodness, God's mercies are new every morning. He continues to forgive us for the countless times we've stumbled.

How great is the Lord.

Let's be careful not throw FL into prison for a smaller debt, when the King forgave us a much greater debt.

Posts 6413
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 2:40 PM

I agree with you PetahChristian,  but when you get emails about Bob posting on tweeter you kind wonder where his priorities are. I get them almost every day. Don't get me wrong, the man has a life other than his company, but hey, there are on going issues that are upsetting customers, and those should've been dealt with and resolved a long time ago.

Page 5 of 6 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS