Logos 7 crashing upon startup every time

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Janta Quigley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 14 2016 7:25 AM

2376.Logos Log Files 1.zipWhen I open Logos 7, I hear half a second of startup music, then get the "Logos Bible Software has stopped working" error message.  It says "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

First I re-downloaded the software, because the problem happened while Logos was trying to download the latest version as well as download my new starter pack and index all at the same time.  It still crashed every time I tried to open it.

I have tried to enable logging by holding down control, but it doesn't let me sign in without a blank login.  I have tried clicking "Work offline" instead, but it still crashed repeatedly.

I enabled logging using the "EnableLogging.js" script.  After that, it initially seemed to actually open the program so I could see that I was logged on, but then crashed immediately once again.  Now I can no longer get to the initial logged on screen even when I tried hold down control when opening and work offline (button to sign in is greyed out and won't let me in when I don't have login information entered).

I have tried to attached two log files, since I seem to have one in my documents and one in temp files. 5670.Logos Log Files 1.zipfile 1715.Logos Log Files.zip

6131.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 11:39 AM

It looks like Logos terminates too quickly for the normal logs so please supply logs from the Event Viewer.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1
David Wail | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 10:49 AM

Apparently this is a common problem as this error message started happening to me yesterday.  I run windows 10 on my laptop with Logos 7 that I purchased last month.  Today whenever I get into Logos, if I can even make it to the home page, the entire computer freezes.  I can't even alt, ctrl, del to get to the program manager and end program.  I have to force shut down the computer and restart it.  I've spent $5,000.00 on this software and library, so hopefully the bug can be fixed. 

Posts 228
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 11:12 AM

Same here, any suggestions?

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 11:37 AM

Graham Owen:

Same here, any suggestions?

See my post above

EDIT: I see your separate thread, so we should continue to discuss it there.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 11:48 AM

David Wail:
Today whenever I get into Logos, if I can even make it to the home page, the entire computer freezes. 

Your problem may appear to be common ("at startup"), but your description indicates it is not the same. Please start a new thread and include logs.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2
Janta Quigley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 1:34 PM

Hi David,

I ended up solving the problem by uninstalling Logos on my laptop and reinstalling it.  It didn't impact any of the resources that had already been downloaded, and I was finally able to get into the program again!

Janta 

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 2:51 PM

Janta Quigley:
I ended up solving the problem by uninstalling Logos on my laptop and reinstalling it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS