How do you use "Set Series?"

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 4:34 PM

Rafe Andersen:
Why would I bother with the passage guide commentary section anymore?

Passage Guide commentary section can show entries from series in prioritized order, which can include more than one resource from a Series.

My work in progress of customizing Bible Commentary titles shows in Passage Guide, which includes a commentary rated in Top 2 (has = sign in title) by => http://bestcommentaries.com/topcommentaries/

Like idea of creating custom commentary serie(s), which could be a mix of volumes from various series (with abbreviation in title, would be easy to change a resource back to its original series).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 17 2017 4:52 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Like idea of creating custom commentary serie(s), which could be a mix of volumes from various series (with abbreviation in title, would be easy to change a resource back to its original series).

Just so I am sure here:  I create a custom commentary series.  I put in abbreviations to label both the custom reason and the individual books.  When I am finished, I change the names back to match the series' designations.

EX:  custom comm. series:  essay  romans  moo        essay  romans  mounce      would be the 2 commentaries in this custom comm. series

Can I mix non-commentaries into the SAME custom series collection???  Can I add a tag to a resource to include it as a 3rd volume:  essay nt theology schreiner      ??

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 18 2017 8:38 AM

Rafe Andersen:

Other than lexicons, I have not found this feature helpful. Why would I bother with the passage guide commentary section anymore? Maybe you all know something that I do not about it. 

I've found it useful for original-language texts. I've made a series of NA28 and BHS. Then, by putting the series alongside an English Bible in a multiview panel, I get the Greek or Hebrew text automatically appearing alongside the English text depending on whether I'm in the Old or New Testament. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 18 2017 11:10 AM

scooter:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Just so I am sure here:  I create a custom commentary series.  I put in abbreviations to label both the custom reason and the individual books.  When I am finished, I change the names back to match the series' designations.

EX:  custom comm. series:  essay  romans  moo        essay  romans  mounce      would be the 2 commentaries in this custom comm. series

Can I mix non-commentaries into the SAME custom series collection???  Can I add a tag to a resource to include it as a 3rd volume:  essay nt theology schreiner      ??

Yes, series created by Faithlife can have a mixture of commentaries and other resources so a custom series could have a mix. For example, The Whole Works of the Rev. John Lightfoot (11 vols.) has 5 Bible Commentaries (with overlapping ranges of Bible indexing) and 6 Monographs.

Personally created "Top 2 Commentaries" series with goal of Top 2 commentary volumes for each Bible book. Initially planning to include the Top 2 commentaries from => http://bestcommentaries.com/topcommentaries/ in my library followed by changing volumes from other series so each Bible Book has 2 resources.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1033
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 18 2017 11:35 AM

I've put together ubs4 with BHS, LGNTI with LHI and BDAG with HALOT. It works very nicely.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 18 2017 11:49 AM

Thank you KS4J + John Goodman for your replies.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS