A-15, Logos program disappears

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9
Peter John Jansen | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 12 2010 3:34 AM

Additional information, the Mac computer allows you to have multiple programs open at the same time. With a large screen I can spread these programs across my computer screen. So I can have Logos on and in the background while I have Word open on top and off to one side. This allows me to type in my document and look off to the side to see the information in Logos as a reference to one side. To bring a program forward we just click “command-tab”. This works great because I can be typing with Logos visible off to one side, then quickly hit “command-tab” to being Logos forward to do further research.

The problem with the last release is that now when I go from Logos to Word with command-tab … Logos totally disappears. Then I hit command-tab again and there it is. I would like it like it was where it’s still visible while I have Word in the forground.

8081.Archive.zip

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 10:35 AM

I've noticed this as well. It's as if the application is hidden whenever it's not the current application.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 11:30 AM

I had the same problem, but only when it was trying to import/activate another layout that I had saved. I had to restart the program and it was fine after that. 

Posts 11
Paul Backhurst | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 12:42 PM

I'm having the same problem. If I move from one space, where Logos A15 is, to another, mostly where my word-processing programme is, then when I come back Logos A15 has disappeared!

The behaviour is, however, not consistent. I just tried it again to make sure my report was correct and just to see if there was a clash with Cinch, a simple window manager. Having pressed the green resize button (top-left on all Mac windows) a few times everything is stable again!

Strange, but it is behaviour I've only noticed in A15.

I presume there's a clash somewhere with Spaces?

MacBook Pro 13.3 inch • 2.26 GHz • Intel Core 2 Duo • 8GB Memory • Snow Leopard 10.6.3 • 1 TB HDD

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 1:18 PM

Paul Backhurst:

I presume there's a clash somewhere with Spaces?

I don't think it's a clash with Spaces because I have the problem and I don't use Spaces!

Do you need me to post my logs?

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 3:12 PM

Paul Backhurst:
I presume there's a clash somewhere with Spaces

I use Spaces (extended to 6 workspaces) extensively – with Word in 4, L4Mac in 3, LforMAc1 in 2, Safari in 1, Entourage in 6, MindNode in 5. I navigate between applications by clicking the appropriate Dock icon. I have never had any problem locating L4Mac when I click on its icon. Spaces seems entirely stable for me.

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 3
0xbc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 7:10 PM

I can repeat this bug on demand (I also encountered it due to keeping Logos on its own workspace and flipping between it and other workspaces using Spaces).

Steps to repeat:

• Open Logos 4 A15. Move the Logos window to a separate Spaces workspace. Flipping between workspaces should not cause Logos to "disappear" yet.
  • Maximize the Logos window in its own workspace.
  • Type something in the "Go" bar (or whatever it's called) right underneath the Logos logo. Eg. type the word "testament" but don't hit enter. Wait for some auto-suggestions to appear.
  • Mouse-over one of the auto-suggestions so it's highlighted, but don't click on it.
  • Change to another workspace using whatever your Spaces hotkeys are. The Logos window will now be hidden - when you flip back to its workspace, you'll have to click on its icon in the dock to restore it.

It seems to be something to do with the little auto-suggestion windows not being destroyed properly.

Logs attached: 7180.Archive.zip

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS