List of ESV 2016 changes

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 471
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 17 2016 5:28 AM

Does anyone have a list of the before and after of the ESV 2016 changes? All the links I've found are mostly commentary on it, and the link I had saved to the crossway blog on it doesn't work any more either. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 6:51 AM

Does this work? https://www.blueletterbible.org/help/esv2016.cfm

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 471
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 6:59 AM

Thank you. This is probably the one link I didn't click on while searching for it. 

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 8:41 AM

I actually created a Note file that you can use in Logos/Verbum, that will highlight the notes as comments (I saw someone else on the forums did it). You can see a picture of it in action below. What I also did, was just published it to the Logos Clippings & Notes group on Faithlife, so you can get a copy! Please let me know if you see any mistakes or want to change anything and I'll do it.

Posts 891
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 10:56 AM

Ezekiel 40:14 is interesting change

Changed from 20 to 60 CUBITS.

Would any Hebrew Scholars like to comment?

I presume it has something to with the underlying base text (chose of/ uncertainty of meaning)?

P AGeeked

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 11:12 AM

P A:

Ezekiel 40:14 is interesting change

Changed from 20 to 60 CUBITS.

Would any Hebrew Scholars like to comment?

I presume it has something to with the underlying base text (chose of/ uncertainty of meaning)?

"The LXX has “twenty cubits” as opposed to “sixty cubits,” perhaps due to skepticism over the relatively large number." -

Rick Brannan and Israel Loken, The Lexham Textual Notes on the Bible, Lexham Bible Reference Series (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2014), Eze 40:14b.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 471
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 12:06 PM

Don Awalt:

I actually created a Note file that you can use in Logos/Verbum, that will highlight the notes as comments (I saw someone else on the forums did it). You can see a picture of it in action below. What I also did, was just published it to the Logos Clippings & Notes group on Faithlife, so you can get a copy! Please let me know if you see any mistakes or want to change anything and I'll do it.

Don, thank you. This is exactly what I was wanting to do with the list. I applaud your work!

Posts 660
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 1:29 PM

What steps must one take to put this info into their Logos? In other words, how do I do this? :)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 1:39 PM

Ted Weis:

What steps must one take to put this info into their Logos? In other words, how do I do this? :)

1 Join Faithlife Group => https://faithlife.com/logos-clippings/about

2 Click Actions for "ESV Translation Notes" to Copy => https://faithlife.com/logos-clippings/documents

3 Sync Logos or Verbum

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS