Why is Logos a CPU hog opening BIbles?

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2696
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 5:55 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
It's step 2 that's causing the performance problem for Don (and others). By changing the resources being search in a VF document, you can filter it out in step 1 and avoid the performance problems of step 2

I'm closer to understanding than I was...I'll go try changing some of the target resources in a few of my VFs. (I think I have one or two that search 'All Bibles'.)

Thanks for the help, Bradley. Or, in the spirit of the thread, G'deye, mate!

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2016 12:12 PM

I know Bradley's  from across the ditch. I have some lovely friends from NZ. 

Dave Hooton:

Disciple of Christ (doc):
Indeed, even the flag has a bug. It should actually look like this ..

Bradley doesn't come from Australia!

Posts 746
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 8:03 AM

I deleted all VF to keep my computer running fast. The benefit of fast outweighs the benefit of VF

Posts 9689
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 8:16 AM

Josh Hunt:

I deleted all VF to keep my computer running fast. The benefit of fast outweighs the benefit of VF

Can we assume after two years, Bradley's case didn't get too far?  Meaning, your Logos' Bibles get a lot faster after deletes?

I saw the mention of L6 and 64bit. My impression still is that L5 was the cat's meow.

Posts 7828
LogosEmployee

Denise:
Can we assume after two years, Bradley's case didn't get too far?

The case referred to in https://community.logos.com/forums/p/133323/866528.aspx#866528 was implemented. The OP's issue of high CPU, mouse freezing, etc. is fixed.

Josh is cross-posting from this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/176404.aspx. Related but different.

Posts 697
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 8:15 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
The case referred to in https://community.logos.com/forums/p/133323/866528.aspx#866528 was implemented.

Thank you Bradley.  Questions:

1. Is this a server-side fix that we can all enjoy immediately? (If client side, when/which releases will it be in?)
  2. Does this apply to L7 and L8?

HP ENVY x360 Convertible Notebook PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); I7-6500U@2.50GHz; 12GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 9689
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 8:15 AM

Thank you, Bradley. I was one of the deleters.

Posts 7828
LogosEmployee

I stand corrected. The case for the OP's (specific) issue is still open; I was mistakenly thinking of something else.

However, there have been a number of changes to the search engine since it was posted (the “new search engine” was announced in 7.3 Beta 3), and I don't think anyone has re-tested that specific problem to see if it's still as severe.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS