Black Friday Deals

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 105
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 25 2016 1:52 PM

Thanks to the both of you for clearing that up for me. I was wondering what the difference was, if any, between the two editions. I have the Protestant edition. Yes

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 25 2016 2:35 PM

William M. Harper:

Thanks to the both of you for clearing that up for me. I was wondering what the difference was, if any, between the two editions. I have the Protestant edition. Yes

The reason to download the "free" Catholic edition is that some links will point to it, so having both saves some minor annoyance.

Posts 2200
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 25 2016 3:24 PM

Well, the Black Friday sale is almost over, but the complete experience in the realm of "Deals" remains unseen. Seems almost supernatural.

The only book in the bundle I don't I don't own is Supernatural. Very much so.  Given my dynamic discount (77%) and my Black Friday super discount (an additional $8.93 off) I still see the full price of $16.08.  No carrot for me, but that's OK.  Today we have our 3rd Thanksgiving meal.  

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 25 2016 3:34 PM

For another pricing concern with this bundle: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/133431/867083.aspx#867083 

Gao Lu:

Well, the Black Friday sale is almost over, but the complete experience in the realm of "Deals" remains unseen. Seems almost supernatural.

The only book in the bundle I don't I don't own is Supernatural. Very much so.  Given my dynamic discount (77%) and my Black Friday super discount (an additional $8.93 off) I still see the full price of $16.08.  No carrot for me, but that's OK.  Today we have our 3rd Thanksgiving meal.  

Posts 242
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 25 2016 3:45 PM

Hi Gao Lu,

You may well have good reason to be disappointed but perhaps this is the explanation

In your earlier post in this thread you stated that you own 2 of the 3 books. There are 5 volumes in this package so does that mean there are 3 you don't own? 

Also, the 77% is the total discount (16.08 must be 23% of 69.99), not just the dynamic discount. I'm on my phone so I can't check that easily but it looks right. Does this help explain your final price? 

Colin

Posts 242
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 25 2016 4:01 PM

I've looked a little more and I think I know why you said you had 2 out of the 3 books and I also think this package is priced poorly - it's not good value.  

If anyone wants these books it is probably cheaper to buy supernatural separately, this getting 2 of the 5 books and hopefully saving on the dynamic pricing. I have no way to check this but if the system recognises you have a license for the study guide when you buy the book then it ought to work I think.  

The study guide for supernatural is included with the Logos edition of the full book so I don't think it should have a separate price when calculating the package - its price is already built into the price of supernatural. 

Gao Lu, you probably assumed the same is true for Unseen Realm but it's not - the study guide seems to be sold separately.  

But a bigger issue is that the price of the study guide should surely  not be part of the price of the bundle. It inflates the price. 

Colin

Posts 3540
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 25 2016 4:11 PM

Colin:

If anyone wants these books it is probably cheaper to buy supernatural separately, this getting 2 of the 5 books and hopefully saving on the dynamic pricing. I have no way to check this but if the system recognises you have a license for the study guide when you buy the book then it ought to work I think.  

Good logic, but I didn't want to take the chance and try it out, on the concern that it would have thought I owned 1 rather than 2 of the books. So I paid about $3.50 more. This actually was the initial problem that led me to post about pricing errors today.

Hopefully FL will do better in the future. I'm not optimistic that they'll refund customers the difference, even though pricing errors generally are in their favor.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 25 2016 4:26 PM

PetahChristian:
I'm not optimistic that they'll refund customers the difference,

I can't say what they will do in this situation, but I can say they have always been very careful to correct genuine errors on their part that have resulted in their favour over that of the customer.

Posts 2200
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 25 2016 4:26 PM

Colin:

Hi Gao Lu,

You may well have good reason to be disappointed but perhaps this is the explanation

In your earlier post in this thread you stated that you own 2 of the 3 books. There are 5 volumes in this package so does that mean there are 3 you don't own? 

Also, the 77% is the total discount (16.08 must be 23% of 69.99), not just the dynamic discount. I'm on my phone so I can't check that easily but it looks right. Does this help explain your final price? 

Colin

You are correct.  I wasn't counting the study guides, but the primary books.  Actually I don't have one of the books, Supernatural, and its $8.95/ 99 cent study guide. That means I have 3 out of the 5 books. Maybe the book and guide together (a $24.95 value) are in fact discounted to $16.08 and that is the "Deal."

Posts 9215
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 25 2016 5:57 PM

Gao Lu:
Maybe the book and guide together (a $24.95 value) are in fact discounted to $16.08 and that is the "Deal."

I believe this is your situation as it is identical to mine.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS