Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Matthew Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 26 2016 4:20 PM

Running Mac OS X10.10.5 Yosemite on a Late 2014 Mac Mini Running an Intel i5 2.6gHz processor.  All volume levels were up in proclaim, on the master volume in Mac OS X, and on our soundboards.  When we went to play the video, there was no sound.  This is not the first time this has happened.  It is frustrating because this service was one of the largest services of the year and when this doesn't work, it makes it look like we do not know what we are doing.  Please help us find a solution for this.  I have attached the log files.3568.Proclaim Logs nov 26,2016.zip

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2016 6:34 PM

Sorry to hear this Matthew and thanks for submitting the logs. What time did you first notice the lack of sound? Also, what timezone are you in? I need to map the UTC values in the log file your local time. Did you try restarting Proclaim? If so did the volume start working for you then? Thanks for your help troubleshooting this.

Posts 3
Matthew Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2016 8:38 PM

We are in the eastern Time zone. It was probably around 7:15ish.  I'm not sure of the exact time. After the service was over, we resorted proclaim and the audio for the video worked fine.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2016 9:25 PM

Matthew, we've been spending some time troubleshooting this today. Will keep you posted, thanks for your patience.

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 4:52 AM

Matthew,

I've come to find that including video with sound in Proclaim is a risky proposition. We always sound check our video clips before the service, so we KNOW they work and the sound levels are appropriate. Then in the service....not so much. I've discovered that if the video is on the machine running Proclaim, and if it is toggled to run from the local machine rather than from the cloud, the sound works (or at least has worked for the whole three weeks I've tried this). I got brave enough last week to use a video ciip to wrap up a sermon....something I would never have tried just a few weeks before. My experience is that sound in video clips is at best dicey in Proclaim.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 11:23 AM

Clint Cozier:

Matthew,

I've come to find that including video with sound in Proclaim is a risky proposition. We always sound check our video clips before the service, so we KNOW they work and the sound levels are appropriate. Then in the service....not so much. I've discovered that if the video is on the machine running Proclaim, and if it is toggled to run from the local machine rather than from the cloud, the sound works (or at least has worked for the whole three weeks I've tried this). I got brave enough last week to use a video ciip to wrap up a sermon....something I would never have tried just a few weeks before. My experience is that sound in video clips is at best dicey in Proclaim.

Clint, is your presenting machine Mac or Windows?

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 12:12 PM

Its a Mac....and its always (for the last year) had the problems with sound on a video.

Posts 42
Herb Rice | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 5:13 PM

I experienced the same problem tonight. I restarted Proclaim and the sound worked okay.

Running Mac laptop OS 10.10.5

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 9:25 PM

We've been spending some time investigating this issue this week. Based on our logging the application logic is performing as we expect it to be and the lack of sound seems to be an issue internal to the Apple AVPlayer API we're using. We have some tests running in our lab to see if we can reproduce the issue but so far we have been unsuccessful. Any additional information you might have is appreciated.

Are you ever able to reproduce this issue while preparing the presentation or is it only during a live service. Is there anything unique about your sound configuration when the issue crops up? 

Thanks for your help and patience as we work to find a resolution for this issue. 

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 1:14 AM

Scott,

The problem (as I've experienced it) has never presented itself when preparing. Its only when the presentation is running. Our Mac mini is fairly standard, bought about a year ago, only used in the worship space for Proclaim, Keynote, Prezi. We keep it up to date with the latest updates and patches. For what its worth, we've never had problems with a video playing locally from the machine, only when we've uploaded the video to sync it with the rest of the service.

Posts 3
Matthew Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 5:51 AM

we tend to see the issue pop up if we test the video in edit mode. Then after about an hour in live it tends to not work for us. 

Posts 71
tczinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 4 2016 8:25 AM

I've seen it before when I make edits from my office computer and then sync while the service is on air in the sanctuary. My best workaround has always been to go off air in the sanctuary (typically just during a pre-service loop) and then back on air in order to ensure that the audio works for videos. 

Posts 293
Mike Measley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 5:52 AM

Just experienced this on Sunday. I did try it in edit mode prior to service, then no sound in service. First time this ever happened to us.  Running Mac. I tried to reproduce yesterday and could not, however what I tried was testing on air, then going off and on air again. 

Windows 7, Nexus 7

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 9:29 AM

Thanks for all your help in diagnosing this issue. I believe we have identified the problem and expect to ship a fix early this week! I'll keep this thread up to date.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:20 AM

This issue should be resolved in the latest update, released 12/8. Please let us know if you encounter any more issues and thanks for all the help in tracking this issue down!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS