A15 Hangs On Exit (So Did A14)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 12 2010 3:04 PM

Am I the only one with this problem?

The only way I can kill L4 is Force Quit.

If this is known, sorry... the posts are not easy to search (or perhaps I don't get it).  If there is a fix, I'd love to hear it.

Regards,
Steve

Posts 10805
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 4:56 PM

Steve Brannon:
he only way I can kill L4 is Force Quit.

Do you have Cited by open in your layout? There are a couple of threads that reveal that attempting to close this window will freeze A-15. Tom posted a work around, but I did not read it carefully. If Cited by does not work in A-15, I can't use it.

This may not be your problem, but that is one cause of freezing in A-15.

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 6:21 AM

I don't know what "Cited by Open" is, or how to set it.  I guess I need to read the help files.

However, my problem is not that the program hangs when I close a window.  The problem I have is that the program hangs when I attempt to Quit.  All of the open windows do disappear, but the program remains an active task and the only way to get rid of it is to use Force Quit.

Steve

Posts 10805
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 6:31 AM

Steve Brannon:
he problem I have is that the program hangs when I attempt to Quit.  All of the open windows do disappear, but the program remains an active task and the only way to get rid of it is to use Force Quit.

You might try posting your logs and see if the technically minded participants in this forum can help. See item 6 in the link "Start Here" in my signature if you need instruction in posting logs.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS