Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 29 2016 5:03 AM | Locked

Because that's what remote controlling our Proclaim presentation feels like lately. I like advancing screens during the sermon, I find that I can sneak a few notes onto the slides which helps memory recall and I can see the next slide which helps transitions so much. All good things. About a month ago, we started having terrible lag time changing slides remotely, and we would (at least one a sermon) get an error message about not being able to advance the slide. That's a lot to process while in the middle of a sermon. I then discovered the local network connection option. Much faster transitions, but we're still getting at least one disconnect per sermon, which is one too many when you're preaching and working with the iPad at the same time. What can I do to create a more stable environment? I can't tell you how frustrating it is to work through the whole reconnect routine while keeping my train of thought and not just throwing out word salad at that moment.

Posts 12
Jeff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 7:46 AM | Locked

I had the same issue this past Sunday. The first three sermon slides worked great then it would not advance for the rest of the sermon. Not only confusing for me but for the congregation who are trying to follow along.

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 10:14 AM | Locked

Hello Clint,

There are a couple of things you can do to ensure a good connectivity. Usually this type of problem arises due to interference or distance from router. I would highly recommend to make sure the computer is connected to the network via Ethernet.

Also router positioning is important so I would ensure to place the router somewhere within close proximity to where the iPad is being used. 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 11:28 AM | Locked

Clint Cozier:

Because that's what remote controlling our Proclaim presentation feels like lately. I like advancing screens during the sermon, I find that I can sneak a few notes onto the slides which helps memory recall and I can see the next slide which helps transitions so much. All good things. About a month ago, we started having terrible lag time changing slides remotely, and we would (at least one a sermon) get an error message about not being able to advance the slide. That's a lot to process while in the middle of a sermon. I then discovered the local network connection option. Much faster transitions, but we're still getting at least one disconnect per sermon, which is one too many when you're preaching and working with the iPad at the same time. What can I do to create a more stable environment? I can't tell you how frustrating it is to work through the whole reconnect routine while keeping my train of thought and not just throwing out word salad at that moment.

If you could use the Help menu to save out a copy of your logs and attach them here we can take a closer look. If you're using the local WiFi option and still experienced a disconnection we should be able to see the cause in the logs.

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 1:13 PM | Locked

My church meets in a rented space and has experienced numerous wifi issues which resulted in local remote issues. I have attached a link to a website that contains a great deal of useful wifi troubleshooting tips. This is page one of five. Links for the remaining pages are located at the bottom of the article. In our rented space the telecom equipment is located in a closet surrounded by four brick walls. The building owner provides a single internet line which terminates inside this brick room. It seems that every tenet using the building has hung a wifi router inside that little room, all connecting to the one internet line. This resulted in a great deal of channel interference. To avoid hard wiring Cat-5 cable through brick walls I resorted to using a pair of power-line network adapters. This enables me to break out of that room and position my wifi router where it works best. Using a downloaded wifi scanner I was then able to tune the router settings to avoid most of the signal interference. After a bit of trial and error, our local remote control problems have nearly vanished.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/1401371/how-to-extend-wi-fi-range-increase-speed-and-fix-problems

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 1:48 PM | Locked

Our logs should be attached.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS