One final push for George Muller

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Luke | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 12 2010 7:13 PM

I have noticed recently that whenever a community pricing book crosses the 100% mark the price quickly starts to fall.  I am guessing it is because the people with bids under the price that crossed the mark, up their's to get in before the deadline.

Why wait folks?  Muller is about to cross the finish line.  Raise that bid now and let's move it over 100%

It is awesome to think we could get this collection for $18.  Based on previous experience, it will go even lower once we get to the one week countdown.

Posts 3896
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 7:34 PM

Luke:

Why wait folks?  Muller is about to cross the finish line.  Raise that bid now and let's move it over 100%

It is awesome to think we could get this collection for $18.  Based on previous experience, it will go even lower

you got it, Luke!  Here is the linke:

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing

And a nice graphic to support your analysis.  Let's go!  It's inched up there this week!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 9397
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 8:51 PM

Luke:
Based on previous experience, it will go even lower once we get to the one week countdown.

Well that one week countdown would not frequently happen. We might get as little as 48 hours.

Here's the rule:

"On the next Friday that is at least two days (48 hours) from the first time a title's production costs are covered, Community Pricing will end for that title and pre-orders will be confirmed at the current best price." See: http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/about

So if Mueller crosses the line anytime after next Wednesday at noon Pacific, it would close out over a week later on Friday. If it crosses the line before then we only get until this coming Friday to get extra orders in to lower the price. Strategy wise we would like the most time possible after it cross the 100% line. So if we get it over Saturday we have almost six days to get the price down.

Let's get this one (and Scougal) over the line!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 10:33 PM

I tend to think that many, many Logos users would be thrilled to purchase this set for $18, or $15 (here's hoping)... I wonder why Logos prefers not to use their Logos Newswire / email announcements to advertise these... guess because at this point they are just trying to cover costs? 

In any case, I've been in on this package ever since I learned about Community Pricing. 

Posts 18
Luke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 11:07 PM

Mark A. Smith:
Let's get this one (and Scougal) over the line!

I am with you on Scougal too!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 3:59 AM

And Barnes! And Catena Aurea! Come on people!

Posts 8655
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 4:52 AM

Scott k:
I tend to think that many, many Logos users would be thrilled to purchase this set for $18, or $15 (here's hoping)... I wonder why Logos prefers not to use their Logos Newswire / email announcements to advertise these... guess because at this point they are just trying to cover costs?
I agree Scott.  I'm not sure why the newswires aren't normally used for community pricing, but surely they should make an exception for Muller!

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 343

George Muller Resources almost at 100% on Community Pricing! http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5683

George Muller - Illustration

If we could look behind the unexpected events in our lives, we would be amazed to see God wonderfully providing for our needs. The insignificant turns in the road, the seemingly unimportant events, the often unexplained happenings—all are part of God’s loving care.

His gracious providence is also evident in the tangible provisions of life. In Bristol, England, George Muller operated an orphanage for two thousand children. One evening he became aware that there would be no breakfast for them the next morning. Muller called his workers together and explained the situation. Two or three prayed. “Now that is sufficient,” he said. “Let us rise and praise God for prayer answered!”

The next morning they could not push open the great front door. So they went out the back door and around the building to see what was keeping it shut. Stacked up against the front door were boxes filled with food. One of the workers later remarked, “We know Who sent the baskets, but we do not know who brought them!”

Jason Saling

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 10:06 PM

I put in my bid a month ago, and will look forward to this one! Almost there!

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 11:24 PM

The dot for mueller is starting to touch the 100 percent line.  I would say we just need like 10 or 15 more people.  Let's get it done. 

Let me push

Catena Aurea: Commentary on the Four Gospels by Thomas Aquinas (8 Vols.)

again.  It is at 60%  there are EIGHT!!!! volumes of Early Church Fathers comments on the first 4 books of the NT.  At only 2.50 a volume this is a steal!!!  Lets get this one done too....

Posts 3896
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 1:36 AM

George Mueller--You can't get much closer without  crossing the line!  SO LET'S PUSH THIS PUPPY OVER!!!!

WHAT a wonderful, searchable, faith-building, illustration-laden set this will be for a few more wise and eager Logos users!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 19083
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 1:51 AM

OK, I finally signed on. I'm not really all that interested in the collection. He was an interesting man for sure, but one bio of him would be sufficient for me. However if it's only going to be $18 (or less) I figured I could do this for the benefit of my brothers and sisters who so desperately want the collection. My order still didn't push it over the line, though.

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 7:09 PM

Rosie Perera:
I figured I could do this for the benefit of my brothers and sisters who so desperately want the collection.

What a great attitude!  Thanks Rosie.

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 295
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 6:54 AM

Are we there yet?? Indifferent

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 6:58 AM

Rosie Perera:

OK, I finally signed on. I'm not really all that interested in the collection. He was an interesting man for sure, but one bio of him would be sufficient for me. However if it's only going to be $18 (or less) I figured I could do this for the benefit of my brothers and sisters who so desperately want the collection. My order still didn't push it over the line, though.

I did the same. I may find it useful. I encourage others to do the same.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 12:33 PM

I just increased my bid from $18 to $21 - maybe if some other people did the same it would nudge it over the line?

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:19 PM

David Carter:
I just increased my bid from $18 to $21 - maybe if some other people did the same it would nudge it over the line?

Hi David

Nice try but bids over $18 will count as $18 so we need those with the bids below $18 to raise their bids.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:54 PM

Graham Owen:

Hi David

Nice try but bids over $18 will count as $18 so we need those with the bids below $18 to raise their bids.

Really? I obviously don't understand how this works then Huh? I thought it would help

Posts 19083
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:59 PM

David Carter:

Graham Owen:

Hi David

Really? I obviously don't understand how this works then Huh? I thought it would help

David, raising your bid from $18 to $21 will only raise the dot on the chart at $21. It means you've added to the number of people willing to pay $21 or more for it so consequently Logos is that much closer to reaching 100% of those required to be able to produce it at $21 per copy (which that dot represents). But you haven't changed the number of people willing to pay $18 or more for it, so that dot won't have gone up any on the chart. Raising the dot for $21 is somewhat helpful, but in this case not as helpful as getting more people to be willing to pay $18, because we're much closer to going over the threshold at $18 than we are at $21, so it will only take a few more people to raise their bids to push it across the line.

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:42 AM

Rosie Perera:

Raising the dot for $21 is somewhat helpful, but in this case not as helpful as getting more people to be willing to pay $18, because we're much closer to going over the threshold at $18 than we are at $21, so it will only take a few more people to raise their bids to push it across the line.

Thank you for the explanation Rosie, now I understand (I think Big Smile) It does seem frustrating though that being prepared to pay more than the price at which it looks to be touching the line is not going to actually push it over

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS