h: + letter for word list

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 164
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 30 2016 3:23 PM

In morphological searches, I am supposed to type "h+:+a letter" to get a Hebrew letter and words in a drop down. When I do this, I only get a few keys to offer anything, mostly vowels, but "k" seems to work. No other consonants, though.

Any ideas?

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 3:44 PM

h: indicates Hebrew in transliteration

g: indicates Greek in transliteration

But I use these more frequently in a Bible search. What is an example search of what you wish to build?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 164
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 4:18 PM

I get to this and nothing. I was trying it in Morph search query, but it's the same here. I can't get any character to show up.

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 4:33 PM

You have to enter at least one letter of the transliterated Hebrew for the dropdown to populate.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 164
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 10:21 PM

But that' the problem--I type in a letter and nothing happens.Some letters are responsive, but ִI can't for instance find צ or נ anywhere. Is there a transliteration map?

Posts 164
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 10:21 PM

Above should be: צ ח

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2016 10:28 PM

No it uses a "common" transliteration; if you are using the original language alphabet omit the g: or h: - just type in Hebrew script or Greek script.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 12:49 AM

Scott Jacobsen:
Is there a transliteration map?

Help has Untransliteration in Glossary:

Scott Jacobsen:

...should be: צ ח

h:th

h:tz

h:ts

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 164
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 8:45 AM

Yes, I think that's much simpler. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS