Christmas Sale is Starting

Page 2 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 56 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1571
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:43 AM

Mattillo

1. I would tell John MacArthur himself that his $530.00 price is absolutely quite ridiculous for only 33 Volumes.

2. I would agree with you that MOODY may have a say in the pricing, because they are the publishers of the MNTC.

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 12:07 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

1. I would tell John MacArthur himself that his $530.00 price is absolutely quite ridiculous for only 33 Volumes.

This is funny. Really.

Posts 4829
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 12:21 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

I will state this MJ. Smith

I bought the HARDBACK COPIES of "The MacArthur New Testament Commentary (33 Volumes) for $300.00 - Brand-spanking new. And you are trying to tell me that FAITHLIFE cannot do better than this. I'm not buying into that foolishness!!!!!!! 

And also, I am not the only person who has stated this here in the forums!

End of discussion!!!!!

Stick to your guns on this one Kenute. You and DAL are very correct on Logos pricing it is out of control.

Posts 4829
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 12:28 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

Mattillo

2. I would agree with you that MOODY may have a say in the pricing, because they are the publishers of the MNTC.

And as you have said elsewhere Kenute, we have an even bigger say as customers in that we are able to refuse to buy at these exorbitant prices.  

Posts 1821
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 12:28 PM

In case you guys forgot...

The reason some commentaries are really expensive is because Logos is making a lot of money of out it too. I mean, I won't even be surprise if the original commentary set price would be $50 and Logos makes $550. Logos is a business & this is a normal practice in business.

It would be a fool not to make money out of it when Logos knew there's a high demand here a commentary set like this.

I assume if a person buys something that is not close to a base-package-price-resource.. you either needed that resource badly or you're just rich. Just my two cents.

Posts 4829
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 12:30 PM

JoshInRI:

...looks fairly useless and overpriced so far.  To those who thought I just wrote "bah, humbug" that was unintended. Smile

Agree with you Josh, Black Friday was the same customer experience.

Posts 4829
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 12:37 PM

DAL:
MJ. Smith:

DAL:
but you click on a verse and a commentary still opens to the right page.

But can you click on "he" and get the correct person? Can you click on a figurative phrase and see the rhetorical figure? Can you click in a sermon I find the basic information on who-what passage - when ...?

Wow 😳 so when the Bible says, "...God saw everything that He had made..." (Gen. 1:31), you mean to tell me you need a speaker label to know the pronoun "He" refers to God? Wow 😳 From what I remember several people submitted reports that the speaker labels were not accurate on many occasions. Also when you click on a reference sometimes it takes you to an entirely different resource (it even happens on their website when you're trying to purchase something). Again, some extra functions are cool, but do not justify hefty price tags. I have paid for Logos because I like quality but sometimes the quality is not there (e.g. Tagging on John G. Butler's alliterated "commentaries" that are pretty much overpriced ebooks with links to Scripture and that's it - one among many basic tagging overpriced books). Is Logos the best? Yes, but maybe being the best is getting over their heads a little and that's not good, especially when they're where they're at thanks to customers who buy from them so they can stay in business. Anyway, as Petah said, my use of sophisticated "implied" the extra functions you mentioned...ah, but you already know that since implication is something you studied in Logic class 😜😁👍 Goodnight! TGIF tomorrow! DAL

Spot on  DAL, we can actually think for ourselves.  That might be a shock to some but we can think for ourselves even without the guidance of the "Faithlife Thought Police" who lurk on these forums and try to tell us otherwise.

Posts 1571
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 12:56 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc)

"Faithlife Thought Police" - this is just to funny. Am here laughing, but it is so true. That is why I commented that DAL really nailed it down in his post. 

And yes,Yasmin Stephen, I would tell John MacArthur himself that his $530.00 price is absolutely quite ridiculous.

I have already called Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries about some issues. They sorted out the issues I had, and it was wonderful.

Those people are no different from us. We are all human beings, created in the image of God (Imago Dei, Latin).

Posts 3108
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 1:46 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

We are all human beings, created in the image of God (Imago Dei, Latin).

How He treasures us, more than we treasure Him or each other.

How we take our eyes off of Him, and sink.

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:16 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

And yes,Yasmin Stephen, I would tell John MacArthur himself that his $530.00 price is absolutely quite ridiculous.

I have already called Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries about some issues. They sorted out the issues I had, and it was wonderful.

Those people are no different from us. We are all human beings, created in the image of God (Imago Dei, Latin).

My comment had nothing to do with the slant you've given it here. I don't put people on pedestals and I'm a firm believer in the innate dignity that the Imago Dei gives to all human beings. Thank you.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:00 PM

Very grateful for this sale. Finally acquired the classic commentary 2.0 languishing on my wish list and got 3.0 in the sale really inexpensive.

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:30 PM

PetahChristian:

How He treasures us, more than we treasure Him or each other.

How we take our eyes off of Him, and sink.

Thank you, PetahChristian, for saying this. It reminded me of a sermon of Tim Keller's on Esther that I read this week in my Logos Library. 

"There is a better King. There is a King with ultimate glory who, believe it or not, came to earth and stripped himself of his glory. When he went to the cross, he wasn’t just stripped of his clothes. Literally, he was. He was stripped of his Father’s love. He was stripped of his Father’s approval, of his Father’s respect. Why? He was reversing places with us.

"Mordecai was saved only because Haman reversed places with him, but it was involuntary. Jesus does it voluntarily. There’s the ultimate King. There’s the King of Glory. Jesus Christ is the King you can go to because he at infinite cost to himself reversed places with us. 'God made him sin who knew no sin, that we might become the righteousness of God in him.'”

Timothy J. Keller, The Timothy Keller Sermon Archive (New York City: Redeemer Presbyterian Church, 2013).

Posts 119
Gary Mendenhall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:43 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

I bought the HARDBACK COPIES of "The MacArthur New Testament Commentary (33 Volumes) for $300.00 - Brand-spanking new. And you are trying to tell me that FAITHLIFE cannot do better than this. I'm not buying into that foolishness!!!!!!! 

YesYes

Posts 317
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 8:30 PM

Matt Hamrick:

Very grateful for this sale. Finally acquired the classic commentary 2.0 languishing on my wish list and got 3.0 in the sale really inexpensive.

I paid twice the amount offered now in the sales for CCCBv2.0, and if you would ask me, it's a good deal now ;)

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 850
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 11:22 AM

Has anyone worked out when the sale ends?

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 11:48 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Has anyone worked out when the sale ends?

This is just a guess, but since it's the Christmas sale I would assume when Christmas is over so is the sale. But my assumptions are frequently wrong.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 11:58 AM

William Gabriel:

William Gabriel:

That's great, thanks.

Does anyone happen to know if the CCCBv3 is a superset of the CCCBv2? It seems like it is, but it's hard to tell definitively.

Looks like it is: got v3 at 75% off and v2 grayed out.

You are correct, William. CCCBv2 is included in its entirety in CCCBv3. Skip v2 and buy v3 and save a lot of money.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 850
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 2:11 PM

Anyone understand the secrecy regarding when the sale ends? I've just received an email from a sales rep to say he's not allowed to reveal when the sale ends. 

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 2:25 PM

Which frequently makes me miss the sales because I am a meticulous planner and that secret sale does not align with my planning so I ignore it. Every store in America clearly has the dates of their sales except Faithlife which makes absolutely no sense to me. I would love to hear Bob's spin on the secret stuff so I can finally understand why it happens. It's long been the policy and I have long ignored the sales for this very reason.

Posts 3108
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 6:41 PM

Matt Hamrick:

Which frequently makes me miss the sales because I am a meticulous planner and that secret sale does not align with my planning so I ignore it. Every store in America clearly has the dates of their sales except Faithlife which makes absolutely no sense to me. I would love to hear Bob's spin on the secret stuff so I can finally understand why it happens. It's long been the policy and I have long ignored the sales for this very reason.

Shot in the dark. Maybe they want to keep certain specifics from their competition, so no one else outdoes them?

Apparently it's so secret though, they removed the countdown clock for the upcoming Zondervan sale.

Page 2 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS