Logos does not owe you a sale

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1880
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 8:17 PM

.38% could mean 10 million or 100 million.. He could pocked 5 million or 50 million. No one here knows the context.

Regardless, Bob is still richer than all of us. He is a businessman after all, not a average pastor/laymen like most ppl here.

Posts 2555
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:03 AM

mike:

.38% could mean 10 million or 100 million.. He could pocked 5 million or 50 million. No one here knows the context.

The context is, if you buy a Gold BP for $1400, then $5.32 of that sum is profit (which might or might not go into Bob's pocket). If you talk to support or a sales rep once, that profit is used up...

mike:

Regardless, Bob is still richer than all of us. He is a businessman after all, not a average pastor/laymen like most ppl here.

That's a very interesting thesis...

I know of pastors who own private jets, and I know of businessmen who severely struggle financially...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 10878
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 7:27 AM

Goodness, some somebodies need a lesson in capitalism. And maybe accounting.

Owning a company or part thereof (partnership, corporation, etc) doesn't mean you have money. It could be be up to its neck in debt, inches from bankruptcy, complete with a 5% profit. Similarly a company can have a loss and the owner own a palace. It all depends on how it's all structured, timing, etc. 

So when Bob indicated a percent, it's meaningless. Absent the statements. Ergo the existance of CPA's (me), tax accountants, and yes, a new American president.

The bigger number that Logosians were paying for was Proclaim. And I assume another business soon to appear (I assume due to Logos being so sleepy).

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 72
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 10:30 AM

I doubt 0.38% is the margin on particular products. More likely it is the profit margin in general once all expenses are deducted from revenue. 

because if they are making $5 on a $1600 base package, as you say, they will not be able to pay the sales person.

Posts 335
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 10:54 PM

Andrew116:

I doubt 0.38% is the margin on particular products. More likely it is the profit margin in general once all expenses are deducted from revenue. 

because if they are making $5 on a $1600 base package, as you say, they will not be able to pay the sales person.

If you calculate the profit margin for a particular product, you would always include those "indirect" expenses, otherwise the number would be meaningless.

Posts 2435
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 4:17 PM

Denise:

Goodness, some somebodies need a lesson in capitalism. And maybe accounting.

Yes

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS