Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 2 2016 3:37 PM

I keep getting this error when attempting to test the local remote from home. It existed before the upgrade to release 2.x. It only seems to happen when I am testing from home, but has always worked when using the same MacBook at our worship site. My home router assigns IP's in the 192.168.10.x range, while the router at our worship location assigns IP's in the 192.168.2.X range. Logs are attached. I thought it might be caused by a mismatched test location and presentation location setting, but I reset the presentation location to my home address with no change. Is the app expecting a specific IP range, or possibly improperly masking the third octet?

5265.2016-12-02 Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 690
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:08 PM

Thanks for the report, Michael. I am looking into it

- Jordan

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Ian Fisk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 4:21 PM

Michael - 

We've been looking into this issue and haven't been able to reproduce it. Since it seems that you have a reliable way of getting this error, here is a link to an old version of Proclaim so you can verify it is the new version causing this issue.

http://downloads.proclaimonline.com/mac/dmg/Proclaim%201.35.221.dmg

If you are able to reproduce this with the older version or determine it is only version 2.0 that has this issue, please let us know!

Thanks,

Ian

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:17 PM

After reading your suggestion I remembered that I have another identical MacBook with Proclaim 1.35.145 installed on it. I only use it when I am out of town to prepare for services. Unfortunately, it will not allow me to ignore the Rev 2 upgrade. Here is a screen shot.

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:57 PM

You will need the link from Ian's post to download the 1.35.0.0221 dmg.

We have a "minimum client" property and if older, do not allow the app to skip the update. This is due to new data that old clients do not understand. The current minimum client is 1.35.0.0187.

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 3:46 PM

Ok then. I used the link provided and am still getting the same error message with the older release. I went ahead and updated the
spare Mac (with the older version of Proclaim), and it gets the same error. I tried it with the WIFI connected at both 2.4 and 5 GHz with no change.

I have attached logs from both releases just in case they will help.

1348.Proclaim Rel 1 dot 35 Logs.zip

5557.Proclaim Rel 2 dot 0 Logs.zip

Posts 169
I have been looking through the log files created by Proclaim for messages that match up with the socket error I seem to be experiencing. I have attached a screen shot showing what might be a correlation between the error log and the regular program log showing some socket errors that seem to match up with the error I am getting. I think every time I click the "Enable" button on the remote settings screen these messages are being generated. In one of the log pairs it occurs five times, and I hit the "Enable" button five times. Your logs are a bit confusing due the time stamps. Some of the entries are recorded using Zulu time, and others appear to be recorded using the Pacific time.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS