TLV is here!!!

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2249
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:27 PM

Finally!!!

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:33 PM

Can you see it in your mobile device? 

Posts 1835
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:38 PM

Product page says not available for mobile yet.   It should be in a few days.

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:40 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Product page says not available for mobile yet.   It should be in a few days.

Thanks I just read that, bummer! Oh well! It's out of prepub so it okay 👌 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:58 PM

Thanks to you, DAL, I was made aware of this resource and got in on the Pre-Pub.

Happy day!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:08 PM

Never heard of it. What is it?

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:23 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

Never heard of it. What is it?

First I'm hearing of this version as well. Searched Logos and found this: https://www.logos.com/product/46265/holy-scriptures-tree-of-life-version 

Posts 2249
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:29 PM

I hope it gets into mobile soon too. I hate relying on a second app for something core.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:51 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Thanks to you, DAL, I was made aware of this resource and got in on the Pre-Pub.

Happy day!

You're welcome! I got in because someone else brought it up also.

Have a blessed weekend Brother!

DAL

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 6:46 AM

Thanks. I've added it to my wish list as there have been too many sales recently and I'd like to spread things out more.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 482
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:48 AM

A New Translation to Highlight the Jewish Roots of the Christian Faith

The first Christians were Jews, and Christianity has its roots in the religion of God's chosen and called out people. Jesus's death and resurrection was not the beginning of a new religion but the fulfillment of the covenant God made with his people. Yet most Bible translations sacrifice the deep connection between the Jewish roots of our faith and the grafted-in Gentile branches, using imprecise English terms rather than Hebrew terms that encompass a fuller meaning. The Tree of Life Version (TLV) is a new Bible translation, produced by the Messianic Jewish Family Bible Society, which highlights the rich Hebrew roots of the Christian faith by restoring:

· the Jewish order of the books of the Old Testament
· the Jewish name of the Messiah, Yeshua 
· reverence for the four-letter unspoken name of God
· Hebrew transliterated terms, such as shalomshofar, and shabbat
· and more

Posts 105
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 1:12 PM

Yes, this is one I have been eagerly waiting for. Yes Praise the name of Yeshua!

Posts 2
Christo Chaney | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 5:18 PM
I have this translation in my account but it will not appear on any of my iOS apps. Is it not comparable for iOS?
Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 6:05 PM

Christo Chaney:
I have this translation in my account but it will not appear on any of my iOS apps. Is it not comparable for iOS?

The product page says it's temporarily unavailable on mobile devices.

DAL

Posts 2249
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 12:39 PM

Noticed last night that it is available on mobile. Great way to ring in the New Year! Geeked

Posts 297
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 1:34 PM

So, as I understand it, it fills a similar place to the Tanakh and the JNT?

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Ordinariate. Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 1835
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 1:51 PM

I am glad this is on mobile devices.  I am using this for my daily devotions this year. 

Posts 26511
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 1:54 PM

David Wanat:

I would not treat the Messianic Jewish translations as similar to mainline Jewish translations as the former has more Hebraic vocabulary than the latter.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 2:53 PM

MJ. Smith:

David Wanat:

I would not treat the Messianic Jewish translations as similar to mainline Jewish translations as the former has more Hebraic vocabulary than the latter.

Concur, Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) (by Messianic Jew David H Stern) interjects some Hebrew (often transliterated) into Tanakh paraphrase/translation. Personally have Holy Scriptures: Tree of Life Version (TLV) in a wish list. Screen shot shows Genesis 2 in CJB and TLV (sample page)

CJB and TLV have Adonai (different than Lord God in Tanakh translations of 1985 and 1917). Noted David H Stern translated Elohim and Elohe as God in CJB (same as Tanakh) while TLV transliterated Elohim. CJB interjects Hebrew transliteration in Genesis 2:7 and 2:23

CJB Introduction includes Name of God insights

CJB Introduction also includes Jewishness insights:

Dreaming of Reverse Interlinears for CJB and TLV.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2249
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 3:20 PM

I would love interlinears for CJB and TLV. Probably just a dream though. The TLV would be more doable because it is closer to literal. 

I'm in a congregation that uses the CJB as our primary text. I do most of my study with the ESV because it lets me readily check with the original languages. The ability to mouse over and see what's behind the translation is a giant help. Not a substitute for original language work, but a bookmark for further exploration when I do get into it.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS