Faithlife TV Christmas Music stream

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1715
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 3 2016 10:45 AM

The Faithlife motion graphics team has added some Christmas resources.

I'm enjoying the Christmas Music channel in my living room right now (via a Roku), with slow animations, Christmas piano music, and the security of knowing 'Santa Baby' will never be added to the playlist. :-)

There's a Christmas Bible story for kids as well.

Faithlife TV is a great way to watch your Logos Bible Software video content on a TV (or iPad, Android tablet, or the web), and a Faithlife TV Plus subscription unlocks a ton of great content.

https://FaithlifeTV.com or your new Apple TV or Roku channel stores.

Have you used a Faithlife TV stream at church? Bible Screen or Bible Trvia? We'd love to hear about your experience.

Posts 5505
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 12:29 PM

Enjoying it.  A nice addition to Faithlife TV.  Great to have playing in the background while working on the computer.  Thank you.

One day I will upgrade my Apple TV.  It would be nice when I do get around to that, if there was a continuation of this channel with general worship piano music - would be great to sit back in the lounge and listen.

Posts 30932
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 1:12 PM

Now if there were an Advent channel now and Christmas music during the Christmas season, I might listen but ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5505
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 1:56 PM

MJ. Smith:

Now if there were an Advent channel now and Christmas music during the Christmas season, I might listen but ...

... but not every denomination follows the traditional church calendar so how many music channels do you suggest Faithlife operate ? 

Posts 2106
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 2:21 PM

I guess I missed something.  The Faithlife TV link Bob sent give me a link to start my free trial.  I did not click the link for the following reasons:

1. I do not know what clicking the link is going to do

2.  I do not know the price of the service

3.  I did not realize it was not part of Logos Now.

I remember at one point getting to watch some of FL TV.  I guess it was still in development at that point

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 10:13 PM

Thanks Bob. Going to load this on our Apple TV. We love having the Faithlife TV app going on the background as our screensaver on Apple TV. Thanks for providing it.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 4286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 4 2016 12:47 PM

Is this for free on faithlife TV or do I need the plus add on?

Posts 2309
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 4 2016 3:45 PM

My 1 month FLTV trial FLTV is now over and I am now comparing another product for a 1 month trial.  Unfortunately, I missed this one by one day!  I should have tried the other way around.  

Posts 459
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 4 2016 5:18 PM

Mark:

I guess I missed something.  The Faithlife TV link Bob sent give me a link to start my free trial.  I did not click the link for the following reasons:

I remember at one point getting to watch some of FL TV.  I guess it was still in development at that point

Mark makes a good point regarding the link and the price. However, I just want to share my experience...... 

I found that clicking the link would not have helped him. It took me to the website for FaithlifeTV.com, but I could find no information on the site regarding the cost of services or how the service actually operates. A 'terms of service' link exists, but it did not provide any useful information for the consumer on the cost or nature of services being offered. The information available on the site provided appears to be minimal.

There was a "trial" service button, but does this mean you have to start a trial before you can find out that information?  

I went back to the general Logos.com site to see if I could find that information and other than a link to Faithlifetv.com where I had already been, I could find no sources of information. Incidentally, I also visited the wiki page just in case, but nothing there either.

On the assumption that it was possible to run one or more videos (other than those with a 'plus" label"), to see how it operated, I clicked on three videos and though each started - they stopped completely under 10 seconds.  I have a reasonable internet connection and used Internet Explorer on a PC with Windows 10 operating normally.

So in summary I guess I have three issues to raise: 

• Is there a link to a page that can provide information that a customer usually seeks when considering a service?
  • Is it intended that a customer operate a video in the way I described or is there a barrier to doing that?  
  • Are there special (or even minimal) requirements for running Faithlife TV on a PC?

Keep well

Paul

Posts 2106
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 4:26 AM

Thanks Paul for following up on my posting.  I am very surprised that the questions are not being answered.  The post was not written maliciously.  I have not been able to find much information at all about Faithlife TV.  There seems to be no information available and so I stay away from it until someone decides to actually inform us of what the service is all about.I was taken aback that Logos Now gives you access to everything and then to learn that FL TV is subscription based...I guess it is still in development.  It would be nice, however, to get better communication on what the offering really is.

Posts 11356
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 5:48 AM

Mark, for you and others wo are curious what FaithliveTV is about

Mark:

The Faithlife TV link Bob sent give me a link to start my free trial.  I did not click the link for the following reasons:

Well, what sinister thing you did expect? 

After all the button is labelled "Free Trial" (Bob shared a link to https://faithlifetv.com/ and if you go there without being a subscriber it will show you a webpage with this button inviting you to the free trial - not 100% sure but it sounded you didn't click that button, but maybe you didn't open the link in the firstplace - if so: no worries it won't bite)

It will lead you to a order page on faithlifetv.com, which looks just like the one on logos.com and will put a subscription to Faithlive TV into your cart which auto-renews monthly and is free for the first month. From there you can look up the subscription/membership automatic renewal policy and make your informed decision whether to subscribe or not. Unless you do, nothing will happen.  

Mark:

This you will see in your cart as described above (I missed taking a screenshot): it's a free trial for one month (i.e. $0.00 on your bill) but if you don't unsubscribe it will renew in a month for $4.99 

This is perfectly transparent on your profile's subscriptions page:

Mark:

Seems to be separate.

Mark:
I have not been able to find much information at all about Faithlife TV.  There seems to be no information available and so I stay away from it until someone decides to actually inform us of what the service is all about.

I understand Bob's post above as a short but decent description of the service. Christmas Music is just a new bit of it - but other than that, it gives access to Faithlife-produced video content (including the short episodes featuring Dr. Runge from the FL labs, the video portions of mobile Ed-courses you own, training videos etc). But in fact, a video portal is better looked at than described with words.

The Chrismas Music channel sometimes sounds like the Logos Hymnal MIDI, but most often it is is cool piano variations on christmas songs (yes, MJ, it's largely Christmas music like Silent Night, Noel, O Christmas Tree etc) with mostly slow-changing background that clearly intends to be background (snowflakes flurrying over tree-covered hilltops, or the scissor-cut-like Faithlife graphics we probably all have seen on the L7 homepage) - I concur it's nice to have it run in the background while working on the PC.    

I hope this helps

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 4286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 6:24 AM

Faithlife TV Plus sounds interesting... I just wish it was marketed better with a page dedicated to explaining it and its costs instead of having to get to the cart screen first.  I thought a few months back I heard it was $7/month so I wonder if the price went down or this is some type of Christmas special

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 6:48 AM

Bob Pritchett:
Have you used a Faithlife TV stream at church? Bible Screen or Bible Trvia?

I'd love to use Bible Screen before our service, but would want a stream that doesn't include Trivia and ads, and be able to easily integrate it with Proclaim. I know that with the Proclaim Pro Media collection I could add individual Bible videos, but that's too expensive just for this one purpose. I've considered buying the DVD, but that would be a lot of hassle. A cheap or free stream that could be added in a few clicks would be much more appealing.

Posts 3907
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 7:11 AM

I got the app on my ROKU.  No Christmas app.  I realized I needed to sign up for a free trial.  I did so.  No Christmas app.  (but there is one on my pc browser).  I deleted the Faithlife TV app and then reinstalled.  More content, but still no Christmas app.  Hmmmmm Hmm

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2106
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 9:31 AM

NB.Mick:

Well, what sinister thing you did expect? 

After all the button is labelled "Free Trial" (Bob shared a link to https://faithlifetv.com/ and if you go there without being a subscriber it will show you a webpage with this button inviting you to the free trial - not 100% sure but it sounded you didn't click that button, but maybe you didn't open the link in the firstplace - if so: no worries it won't bite)

I was not sure what to expect...would I be automatically signed up for a free trial of something I knew nothing about?  I was not interested in that. I eventually did take the plunge and clicked the link and learned of the monthly cost.  I did not sign up for the free trial because I do not know enough about the service and no, I am not going to sign up for a trial to learn about the service.

But thanks for your help.  I hope FL eventually has more information.

Posts 2106
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 12:20 PM

Since I have not gotten much help and others seem to have the same questions, I have gone back to Bob's original post and will try to ask some questions again:

Bob Pritchett:
Faithlife TV is a great way to watch your Logos Bible Software video content on a TV (or iPad, Android tablet, or the web), and a Faithlife TV Plus subscription unlocks a ton of great content.

1.  The indication is that there is Faithlife TV which is free and Faithlife TV Plus which is subscription based. This link you sent sends us to sign up for a subscription for Faithlife TV Plus. Is that correct?  If so, how do we access Faithlife TV (non-subscription)?

2. I think someone already asked and I will ask it again:  Is this Christmas channel a free channel or only available via subscription?

Thanks in advance

Posts 1715
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 3:49 PM

Mark Barnes:
I'd love to use Bible Screen before our service, but would want a stream that doesn't include Trivia and ads, and be able to easily integrate it with Proclaim.

When you subscribe to Faithlife TV Plus you get an ad-free version of the Bible Screen stream (inside Faithlife TV). When you're not a subscriber, you get the ad-supported one.

Proclaim Pro Media features at least one Bible Screen loop you can use directly within Proclaim. I believe it's about 10 minutes long. 

Posts 1715
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 3:54 PM

Faithlife TV Plus is $5/month.

You get some 'live streams' (long loops) as well as lots of video-on-demand.

You can also use Faithlife TV without a Plus subscription, but you'll be limited to a smaller selection of content as well as video content you purchased for Logos Bible Software. (Videos from Logos 6 and 7 base packages, Logos Mobile Ed content, etc.)

We're also partnering with various ministries to deliver conferences and other live-streaming events (and their video archives) online.

Sermons recorded with Proclaim will automatically be uploaded to SoundFaith and Faithlife TV. Anyone who follows a church that records with Proclaim will see the church's sermons on Faithlife TV, even if they don't have a Plus subscription.

Faithlife TV is our video distribution platform, to complement our text distribution platform in Logos Bible Software. Like Logos, it works with free and purchased and subscribed content.

Posts 2309
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 4:46 PM

My experience was that discovering FLTV, subscribing and figuring out what it was and how it worked was short and simple.

In months past, I was aware of FLTV and peeked at it. Couldn't tell what it was, how it worked or what it cost at a glance, so ignored it as something I didn't want. Time waster.

Just over a month ago I re-sniffed at FLTV. Fretted that I couldn't find much satisfying information about it, what it was or how it worked or what it cost. Fiddled for a few minutes and discovered some freebies and my mobile ed videos there.  Cool! 

Worried considerably about how to unsubscribe if I subscribed for a free trial month. Decided to trust FL and subscribed.

Was pleasantly surprised by the range of offerings. Some good stuff in there!  Thanks FL!  Found casually browsing videos simple and easy, but when I was really hunting for something it was a bit hard to navigate, clunky and I was often losing my place and couldn't find my way back. No way to mark favorites or make a to-watch list.  Searching is very plain and simple and not always readily available. But I got the hang of it and it worked OK.

My wife liked it and didn't complain at all. From her point of view it was all good and worked fine. There was nothing really to "figure out."  No "Help" needed.

I found streaming less than satisfactory. I researched by comparing streaming bandwidth graphs of FLTV to Youtube and to another video subscription service over different times and days. Results were mixed and inconsistent, and not too scientific because I couldn't control for some significant factors. Overall FLTV did not stream nearly as well as other services. Maybe just chance? There were times if streamed fine--as well as any other. My guess is that streaming had something to do with how far the service streams ahead??.  Given my flawful internet service, FLTV's method of not streaming very far ahead resulted in constant stop and waits and low quality video. That is just wild speculation.

Unsubscribing was simple, upfront and a breeze. Now I am trying another service.  Overall I liked FLTV and recommend the value and price and service of the product.

Now I am wondering what all I missed.  Likely I will go back and subscribe, and think you should too. I liked it well enough and do think it will get even better.

Posts 2106
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 5:08 PM

Thanks Bob.  It appears the Christmas music is subscription only.  I like the idea that is developing...

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS