Carson's Sermons Almost Here!

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 618
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 3:30 PM

When I do a search of the DA Carson Sermon Media file I see only 16 videos and all the rest are audio files. I just want to verify that this is correct and that I'm not missing any videos.

Also, my computer seems to be having quite a bit of problems handling the media resource. I have a pretty powerful PC and never had any problems with a Logos resource before, but I'm regularly encountering the "Logos Not Responding" message. I'm just curious if anyone else having any problems?

My thanks in advance,

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 4:01 PM

Daniel Motley:

Hi all,

Per my blog post from this past Saturday, we were waiting until 2:30 PST to ship the sermon archive. Orders are currently being processed and shipped as we speak.

Enjoy the new sermon archive Big Smile

Daniel

Ah, quite right! I didn't realised you posted those kind of specifics (though I love that you did!). I'll look out for it next time!

Thank you so much for your this! Impressed that I can view them on my phone straight away too!

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 4:49 PM

Daniel Motley:

Hi all,

Per my blog post from this past Saturday, we were waiting until 2:30 PST to ship the sermon archive. Orders are currently being processed and shipped as we speak.

Enjoy the new sermon archive Big Smile

Daniel

It's here and also visible on my iPhone!!! Thank you very much!

DAL

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 5:53 PM

I am downloading them! How does everyone like them so far? 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 776
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 6:16 PM

What a rich resource - thank you.  

A few comments:

1) When I look at the TOC for both the media and the transcribed sermons they appear rather in a rather higgledy-piggledy non-order (e.g., see below).  I would have thought that they would be grouped according to series (admittedly, they kind of/sort of are).  Am I missing something here? Is there a way to re-sort the TOC order?  Or will this be adjusted in a future revision?

2)  Also, it would seem that the transcribed sermons should hyperlink with the media (and vice versa) but they don't seem to.

3)  Finally, I am slightly surprised at how few video files are included - I think I counted 16.  Are more to be added in the future?  For example,  I would have thought that "The God Who is There" series would have had video files but it doesn't for some reason.  Again, is this forthcoming in a future update?

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 618
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 6:50 PM

Has anybody been able to actually watch a video? Each time I try to run one Logos stops responding. I'm wondering if I'm an isolated case or not. The audio seems to work okay.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 6:56 PM

Haven't tried it yet...wondering if I should return based off of the issues above...Tongue Tied

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 7:01 PM

Ryan:

When I do a search of the DA Carson Sermon Media file I see only 16 videos and all the rest are audio files. I just want to verify that this is correct and that I'm not missing any videos.

Also, my computer seems to be having quite a bit of problems handling the media resource. I have a pretty powerful PC and never had any problems with a Logos resource before, but I'm regularly encountering the "Logos Not Responding" message. I'm just curious if anyone else having any problems?

My thanks in advance,

16 videos is all I am seeing as well. They do run on my system (but it is a Mac).

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 8:03 PM

thank you faithlife Yes

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 218
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 6:04 AM

Endlessly grateful for this resource. Thank you Faithlife! Now a quick question - can I download the audio and/or video files directly to my iPad, or does it always require an internet connection to play them?

Reid

Posts 776
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 6:48 AM

JH:

Ryan:

16 videos is all I am seeing as well. They do run on my system (but it is a Mac).

The videos run on my PC but there is a noticeable, momentary lag as they download from the server.  The wait is not too bad (60 Meg download), but might be if you have a slow internet connection.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 7:03 AM

Reid A Ferguson:

Endlessly grateful for this resource. Thank you Faithlife! Now a quick question - can I download the audio and/or video files directly to my iPad, or does it always require an internet connection to play them?

Yes, you can.

For the Carson media resource, tap on the (i) in the library, and choose Download. Then tap on Media Downloads, and tap Download all.

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 7:28 AM

JRS:

they appear rather in a rather higgledy-piggledy non-order

Aw, c'mon.... you know it crossed your mind.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 776
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 8:55 AM

Brother Mark:

Aw, c'mon.... you know it crossed your mind.

Smile I don't think I have ever seen (or looked for) a formal definition of 'higgledy-piggledy' before, but it is interesting to note that I have employed a "double dactyl"  (my mother would be so proud)!  Wink

Posts 218
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 9:25 PM

Of course! Why didn't I think of that. Big Smile As always, helpful and correct Mark. Thanks. 

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 11:05 PM

Mark, could you produce a “Scripture Index to Carson's Sermons" pretty please Big Smile

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 11:26 PM

There is a scripture index at the end of the resource along with a series index.

toughski:

Mark, could you produce a “Scripture Index to Carson's Sermons" pretty please Big Smile

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS