Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 63
tczinder | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 6 2016 7:10 AM

Good morning!

Thanks for all of the work that your team does...honestly. Love how responsive you all are in the forums here.

A few issues:

• Lately I've been having issues where Proclaim (Mac) doesn't start up. The splash/login screen never appears and Proclaim just kinda sits there in a weird state. See the screenshot. All of the menu items have this "Untitled" selection. 

I have to quit and restart Proclaim for it to actually boot properly. I've attached my log files as well.

2570.Proclaim Logs.zip

• iPad remote app may have caused the presentation to freak out last night. I was able to reproduce the issue once, but not twice. Proclaim started skipping/stuttering (the countdown timer was freaking out too at this point) during our "silence your phones" video in the warm-up section. I had to force quit Proclaim and relaunch, going on-air from our video announcements to avoid the issue again. 
  • On a separate machine (Mac Mini), the operator complained that Proclaim would crash whenever she switched from edit to preview (or was it preview to edit?) I can grab those log files, unless you've already pushed an update to fix that. 

Again, thank you for all of your work. So thankful to be using Proclaim!

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 8:46 AM

I've not seen the startup issue on Mac before and it doesn't look like the app got far enough to write to the log file. Did you see a crash dialog at all when you were in this state?

We're actively working through some issues on the Proclaim Remote. When you use the remote are you using the local WiFi option?

tczinder:
On a separate machine (Mac Mini), the operator complained that Proclaim would crash whenever she switched from edit to preview (or was it preview to edit?) I can grab those log files, unless you've already pushed an update to fix that. 

Have not heard this and would love to see the logs. 

Thanks for the reports!

Posts 63
tczinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 1:05 PM
  • There was no crash dialog. It's as if Proclaim just kinda hung with nothing actionable. 
  • For the remote, I was not using the local WiFi option. Would that have been preferable?
  • Here are the logs for the computer experiencing the crash regarding switching from edit to preview.7612.Proclaim Logs.zip

Thanks for looking into this!

-T

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 1:21 PM

T-

Thanks for the other crash logs, I will look at these!

tczinder:
There was no crash dialog. It's as if Proclaim just kinda hung with nothing actionable. 

I've seen the untitled menu before and is happening when the update available dialog is up. The problem is, if you click another app, it disappears. Proclaim is not running and not hung, you should see a Proclaim icon on your dock and if you click it, the "Update" dialog comes back on screen.

Glenn

Posts 63
tczinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:22 PM

Gotcha! Thanks for that information, Glenn!

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:35 PM

One more item from the computer that is crashing when switching from edit to preview...

I see the crash in the logs, but it is not complete enough for us to track it down, Can you look on that computer for diagnostic reports from Apple and zip them up and attach here.

Apple collects crash reports and saves them here: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

1. Open Finder and either use the "Go" menu or click CMD+Shift+G

2. Put that folder in the dialog (the tilde is important).

3. Grab any files that start with "Proclaim"

4. Zip these together into an archive file

5. attach here

Thanks again for your help!

Glenn

Posts 63
tczinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:41 PM

Here are the additional logs.

0728.Archive.zip

Posts 63
tczinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 3:17 PM

Wow...the crashing from preview to edit just happened to me personally on my machine. Here are the logs.

0741.Proclaim Logs.zip2235.Proclaim_2016-12-06-181525_tbcmini.crash.zip

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 3:37 PM

tczinder:
For the remote, I was not using the local WiFi option. Would that have been preferable?

We were just able to reproduce this. I don't think local WiFi vs Internet based control will make a difference. Working towards a solution now.

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 10:30 AM

Your logs are the same as the other machine, but we are unable to reproduce this here.

It looks like it is crashing when setting focus to one of our text editors or text box. Since you are able to reproduce this pretty easily, can you keep track of what service item (and kind) you are putting into edit mode and where the focus is trying to be set to. Does it crash when you click edit/preview button or after that when you click in an edit box? Switching from single preview (or grid preview)? If you can nail down the exact steps that would be very helpful!

Thanks for your help and patience as we track this down.

Glenn

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 10:30 AM

Your logs are the same as the other machine, but we are unable to reproduce this here.

It looks like it is crashing when setting focus to one of our text editors or text box. Since you are able to reproduce this pretty easily, can you keep track of what service item (and kind) you are putting into edit mode and where the focus is trying to be set to. Does it crash when you click edit/preview button or after that when you click in an edit box? Switching from single preview (or grid preview)? If you can nail down the exact steps that would be very helpful!

Thanks for your help and patience as we track this down.

Glenn

Posts 63
tczinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 1:07 PM

All right. I've been able to regularly duplicate it using my order of service for tonight.

• Select the song "Prepare a Place", and focus on the text box for the lyrics (on the right, not the editor).
  • Go to preview, then edit
  • Go to the lyric editor
  • Go to preview, then edit
  • Go to the Attribution edit field
  • Go to preview, then edit
  • Click on the Attribution edit field -> Proclaim Crashes.'

I'm not entirely sure that this was the workflow for my original crash or my other operator's crash, but this perhaps will shed some light on the issue. I tried it on another song and the same thing occurred. 

Thank you for looking into this!

-T

Posts 63
tczinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 1:29 PM

Single preview, BTW.

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 1:47 PM

Perfect! Thanks so much, I've been able to reproduce here and am working on this crash now.

Posts 63
tczinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 1:54 PM

TEAMWORK! :-)

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:48 AM

I believe we fixed this in the most recent update (yesterday) 2.0.0.0023

Please let me know how it goes for you, thanks again for your help in tracking this down!

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS