Suggestion: Allow us to Delay shipment of Pre-pubs for 30 days

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5563
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 6 2016 7:20 AM

After spending my entire Logos budget for 2016 already (this was an upgrade year), I find myself looking at a pre-pub coming due before the end of the year.

It could be very helpful to me (and I assume others) to be able to delay shipment on a pre-pub that comes due at near the end of the year, until the beginning of the next year. I also assume that for others on a budget, that it may be helpful when a pre-pub ships near the end of the month, to delay that purchase until after the end of the month.

Thanks for considering this.

Rich D.R.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 7:53 AM

That would be nice.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 665
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 8:05 AM

I've had to cancel a couple of items that I desperately wanted because they all seem to be coming at once and I really can't justify getting more than 2-3 in a month. Something like this or payment plan support would be amazing.

Posts 851
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 8:20 AM

Agreed! December was looking like it was going to be an easy month to get through as far as pre-pubs are concerned. Then, in the last week it seems as if the releases are coming all at once. Now December is turning out to be a very, very expensive month. I don't want to cancel any pre-pub orders, but I may be forced to. The downside is that I am not likely to ever by those recourses at the much higher price and so Logos is out a sale as well. It is lose-lose.

I think a 30-day delay all year, not just in December is a great idea.

Posts 2942
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 6:32 PM

Rich DeRuiter:
It could be very helpful to me (and I assume others) to be able to delay shipment on a pre-pub that comes due at near the end of the year, until the beginning of the next year. I also assume that for others on a budget, that it may be helpful when a pre-pub ships near the end of the month, to delay that purchase until after the end of the month.

I think this makes a lot of sense.

Does it make sense to Faithlife?

Posts 2016
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 6:49 PM

I agree this is a good idea.  In the past I had to cancel a couple pre-pubs, when a few more weeks would have made the difference to keep them. The same is likely going to be true this month.  These are not products I am likely to buy at full price.  Because prepubs sometimes ripen on the vine by surprise, ability to postpone would sometimes help me follow through buying.

Posts 3028
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 7:16 PM

SineNomine:

I think this makes a lot of sense.

Does it make sense to Faithlife?

The downside for FL is that they just spent time and money producing a pre-pub, and they'd probably prefer to get paid immediately, rather than 30 days later.

And while some sort of "deferral" would be nice (to pick up the item a month later at the pre-pub price), it would be complex to implement as well as risky for FL. What if too many people cancelled during the deferral window, and FL no longer made enough money from remaining sales to cover production costs?

I definitely can relate to not being able to buy the pre-pubs I want, when their shipment happens to coincide with other resources. For example, if the WBC set happened to go on sale this month, I'd probably have to cancel pre-pubs that are also shipping, just to be able to pay for the WBC.

Posts 510
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 7:36 PM

PetahChristian:

What if too many people cancelled during the deferral window, and FL no longer made enough money from remaining sales to cover production costs?

Actually, i think that FL would see fewer cancellations by automatically giving a 30 day extension. I often go months with no pre-pubs coming and then can end up with 3 or 4 in one month. Because of this i average cancelling about half of my pre-pubs, and these are resources i would really like to have, but i just can't do it with them coming due all at once. I'd end up cancelling fewer pre-pubs if there was a 30 day extension.

John

Posts 3028
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 7:47 PM

John Kaess:

Actually, i think that FL would see fewer cancellations by automatically giving a 30 day extension. I often go months with no pre-pubs coming and then can end up with 3 or 4 in one month. Because of this i average cancelling about half of my pre-pubs, and these are resources i would really like to have, but i just can't do it with them coming due all at once. I'd end up cancelling fewer pre-pubs if there was a 30 day extension.

John

I definitely get that. I had 3 Mobile Ed pre-pubs ship this month, and the Zondervan Christmas sale isn't even upon us. I don't know if I'll be able to afford what I'm hoping will go on sale. Surprise

Posts 509
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 7:43 AM

John Kaess:
Actually, i think that FL would see fewer cancellations by automatically giving a 30 day extension.

Good point Yes

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:51 AM

Rich DeRuiter:
It could be very helpful to me (and I assume others) to be able to delay shipment on a pre-pub ...

+1 Yes for option to delay pre-pub payment and shipping while keeping pre-publication price. Currently am pondering deletion of several pre-publications due to budget constraints.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 510
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:32 PM

As an example, and to add more frustration, here is what happened in the past 2 weeks. I've been notified that these 4 pre-pubs from my list will all be shipping between Dec 15 and Dec 31. Does Logos even understand that this is Christmas, that these can not go on a payment plan, and that this is the end of the year? What can they possibly be thinking? These are not cheap pre-pubs, but i am having to choose the one i most want (Mobile Ed on Judges) and cancel all the rest.

https://www.logos.com/product/56418/mobile-ed-ot317-judges 

https://www.logos.com/product/127885/anchor-yale-bible-commentary-upgrade 

https://www.logos.com/product/16808/english-bible-collection 

https://www.logos.com/product/62000/mobile-ed-introducing-historical-theology-bundle 

I'd love some kind of explanation from Logos on why they are shipping all these not inexpensive pre-pubs the last 2 weeks of the year and the time of year when i, along with most people, have the least amount of cash on hand. I hate cancelling three of these, but that's my only option without an extension into January.

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 2:53 PM

John Kaess:

I have waited so long for this ... and pushed for it so many times  that I consider this a welcome Christmas present. They could, of course, increase my joy by giving me a release date on the Grail Psalms.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS