How do I open a book or bible in my Prioritized List to read?

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 7 2016 12:44 PM

Well, I purchased Logos 7 and watched the video on how to prioritize your favorite bible, commentaries,dictionaries and other stuff. I filled up my resource box just fine. Then I closed out Logos and came back later. I clicked on the Library tab and then the prioritize tab and my list came up ok. But when I clicked on a book or bible it didn't open it up in my viewing window. How do I open up a prioritize book or bible to read in Logos 7?

Posts 24245
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 12:55 PM

Ronald Arndt:
How do I open up a prioritize book or bible to read in Logos 7?

Prioritisiation is used to determine which books are returned - in which order - in things such as the Passage Guide and also to determine which is your Preferred Bible - the one which you get when you click on a link to a Bible reference.

But the prioritize tab isn't where you open books - to open books just go to the main library window and click on it there.

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 2:54 PM

sure, I could open up the Library tab and go through 400 and some books to find my book I actually want to read. YEAH IF I HAVE ALL DAY to look. or I could always type in the title of the book. Graham are you a moron or what? What is the purpose of the priority list if I can't access any of the books I listed in the Prioritize list? duh? This is the WORST Logos program I have had in 15 years

Posts 385
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 4:05 PM

What kind of language is that? Graham is one of the most helpful people on this forum (but a volunteer!). It is not okay, to react like that on any forum, not only as a Christian.

There are actually several ways to do what you want. The prioritization list is just not one of them. You could

• type a few letters of the name of the resource in the "Find" field in the library window
  • type a letters of the resource name into the command box on the home screen
  • create a shortcut on the shortcut bar https://wiki.logos.com/Shortcuts_bar
  • add resources to your favorites https://wiki.logos.com/favorites
  • Someone else might come up with more ways to easily access books

How about next time, before exploding, you ask a question, like: How do other people handle this? To understand what prioritization is about, read this: https://wiki.logos.com/prioritizing

Have a good day,

Bernhard

Posts 385
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 4:17 PM

And I see, you already got some answers in your other thread https://community.logos.com/forums/p/133741/869008.aspx#869008

I suggest, after you have calmed down, to slowly read the answers there and the wiki links I have provided. You seem to jump to conclusions far too quickly and just make assumptions that might not be correct.

I also suggest you check out some of the training/help resources available on this forum/the wiki/the Logos website/the Help file in the the program. but forum users are always happy to point you in the right direction if you have a specific question. Just ask nicely Wink

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 6:35 PM

Bernhard:

What kind of language is that? Graham is one of the most helpful people on this forum (but a volunteer!). It is not okay, to react like that on any forum, not only as a Christian.

Yes

And there goes about 95% of the helpful support that may have otherwise been given.

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 8:06 PM

Ronald Arndt:
Graham are you a moron or what?

I reported the post as abusive. Hack on Logos all you want. Smack an MVP (or anyone else trying to help in the forums) and I'll go all John Wayne on you.

John Wayne clip

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 385
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 8:10 PM

Bernhard:
add resources to your favorites https://wiki.logos.com/favorites

Just to add to that again. In your other thread you were complaining, how you could only use 9 favorites. People there already mentioned it, but just to say again, those are bookmarks, which are quite similar to favorites, but can be set and opened by keyboard shortcut (see https://wiki.logos.com/Bookmarks).

There is no limit (at least not that I am aware) to the number of favorites. They are probably your best option.

Posts 459
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 7 2016 10:42 PM

Bernhard:

It doesn't matter whether he's a Christian or not - its just plain rude.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:45 AM

Bernhard:
o understand what prioritization is about, read this: https://wiki.logos.com/prioritizing

Prioritization is useful for resources that have indexes so can customize order of search results using an index. For example, searching of a collection of Bibles shows priority order. My highest prioritized bible is Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) that appears on far left of Bible Grid in Search results (in screen shot below of using mytag for searching).

Bernhard:

One option is tagging books for reading so can filter Library plus use for searching:

Also can sort library by reading progress of resources that have been opened:

If book has been opened, then Library could be sorted by Last Access

Also could use Tools => History to see recent resource locations:

Bernhard:
Graham is one of the most helpful people on this forum (but a volunteer!).

+1 Yes Thankful for Graham. Also Thankful for many friendly forum discussions where have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 419
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 8:33 AM

Doc B:

Ronald Arndt:
Graham are you a moron or what?

I reported the post as abusive.

Ronald, consider this a warning. It is not appropriate to ask for help and then insult those who offer it. Remember, we expect forum posters to afford each other the respect they would have if they were sitting in one another's living rooms

--Forum Admin

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 11:34 AM

Bernhard

I'll just call you Bernie for short. Bernie, I don't want to have just 9 favorites or 9 bookmarks. I need at least 20.got it?

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 11:38 AM

Bernhard or Bernie

Did you notice how many selections you have in your reading list? Your eyes must have gone cross eyed by now trying to find your one selection of one book?  LOL

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 11:42 AM

Adam

That's ok. report me, but Logos needs desperately to create a new way to bring up one selection to read from their software program. Adam, like I posted earlier I had Logos 4 long ago and it was much easier, trust me

Posts 24245
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:21 PM

Ronald Arndt:

I had Logos 4 long ago and it was much easier, trust me

But, as far as I am aware, this area hasn't changed since Logos 4.

Are you able to provide more details of what you used to be able to do?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:29 PM

Ronald Arndt:
.. like I posted earlier I had Logos 4 long ago and it was much easier, trust me

Please try to remember how you used Logos 4 to open resource(s) for reading since the same techniques still work.

Observation: Logos 4 did not allow resources in Library prioritization list to be opened from the prioritization (right click could set advanced prioritization or remove from list, which is the same as Logos 7). Library prioritization allows resources to be dragged into list and dragged to rearrange order. Library prioritization, favorites, bookmarks, and shortcuts have not changed from Logos 4 so the Logos wiki pages with Logos 4 screen shots and videos are still useful in Logos 7. Logos 4 library lacked clicking on a resource to see what collections included that resource so had to open collection to verify resources. FYI: most of my shortcuts in Logos 7 were created using Logos 4 so am Thankful they still work years later.

Logos 6 and 7 allow custom series (Hebrew OT and Greek NT), which can be prioritized so one series entry can replace individual Hebrew OT and Greek NT.

Thankful for Logos 4 Alpha releases on OS X where every week or two felt like opening a gift package as more functionality became useful on Mac.

Thankful for many hours comparing/contrasting Logos 4 and 5 on Windows and Mac. Thankful for substantial feature parity improvements.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 31293
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 2:11 PM

Ronald Arndt:
I don't want to have just 9 favorites or 9 bookmarks.

While the number of bookmarks is limited, the number of favorites it not. It is also hierarchical if you so choose. BTW Adam is Logos/Faithlife as indicated by the icon below his avatar. My icon indicates volunteer not Logos.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 385
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 4:04 PM

Ronald Arndt:

Bernhard

I'll just call you Bernie for short. Bernie, I don't want to have just 9 favorites or 9 bookmarks. I need at least 20.got it?

Whatever you want to call me...

See what MJ wrote above about favorites. They work very similar to bookmarks, but you can even put them in folders and subfolders. The only thing you can't do with them is to open them by keyboard shortcut.

Ronald Arndt:
Did you notice how many selections you have in your reading list? Your eyes must have gone cross eyed by now trying to find your one selection of one book?

I have no idea what you are referring to. But no, I don't have any problems, finding my books or places in the books (I don't have as many books as most other people here, but the same strategies I use for a small library should work for a big one)

Ronald Arndt:
That's ok. report me, but Logos needs desperately to...

As all the responses show, it might actually be you who desperately needs to change something. Instead of asking question, you have been making accusing statements in your two threads and a number of them were plain wrong.You have been told several different ways how to reach your goals. Again, ask (polite) questions, carefully read the Wiki, the help files and our answers. If something doesn't work or you have follow-up questions, let us know and even better, post screenshots of what you are seeing. If you are not willing to do that, you might be better off contacting Faithlife for a refund. Your best option might be to go back to paper and pen...

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS