So...what would make you buy more books from Logos?

Page 1 of 9 (179 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 178 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:28 AM

Lower prices?  Better libraries and bundles?  More frequent sales?  Just curious.  

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 1949
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:36 AM

1. Resources that interest me

2. An ever improving system of organizing and customizing resources quickly, efficiently, and simply

3. Appealing starter libraries that would cause me to happily purchase starter packages for children and others as a gift to get them started on becoming new customers for Faithlife.

Posts 80
EX | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:45 AM

Yes, an improving system of organizing resources and locating them. 

It is getting too bloated...and Logos 7 did not address my need. 

PCA Church
L4 Platinum, L5 Reformed Platinum, L6 Reformed Diamond, Reformed Studies XL, Platinum, Logos Now

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:45 AM

I ignore the sales because the end of the sale is always secret and does not work for me so I ignore the sales. Sometimes the low price causes me to buy, but I tend to buy high cost bundles I am interested in.

Posts 26543
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:49 AM

Resources that meet my interests.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 424
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:49 AM

More mobile ed courses in CP.   I always end up buying 3 or 4 of the books referenced. 

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:59 AM

MJ. Smith:

Resources that meet my interests.

Yes Sales for items on our wish list would work well too.

Robert Neely:

More mobile ed courses in CP.   I always end up buying 3 or 4 of the books referenced. 

I'd love to see more Mobile Ed CP, and I also follow through and buy the course books. In fact, I'd love to see bundles that discounted a course's recommended resources.

The biggest detriments to me buying more are a) high regular prices, and b) lack of dynamic pricing/bundling/sales of publishers' books. I'd have bought more WBC volumes if the set offered dynamic pricing, and a sale took place.

Posts 8953
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 12:19 PM

I'm always looking for good deals and especially am motivated to purchase when those good deals include resources that interest me.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1341
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 12:20 PM

A longer life to read and apply those books...

OR A Faithlife-assisted way to absorb and apply the wisdom in those books faster...

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 12:31 PM
  1. Greater availability of Logos editions of my seminary textbooks (which is as much on my seminary as it is on Faithlife.)
  2. Better cash flow. (I have extensive wish lists, plural, and little cash for purchases. Definitely not Faithlife's responsibility.)
  3. Better cooperation with Faithlife's pricing policies from publishers. (I hang this one on the publishers. I have an informed outsider's understanding of the challenges publishers face today, but it is healthier to adjust to new market conditions rather than double down on resisting them.)

As to comments about reading books, there are two types of libraries: reading libraries, and reference libraries. Faithlife promotes Logos as a reference library to support reading and study of the reading library subset of your Logos library.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 12:41 PM

Tony Thomas:

Lower prices?  Better libraries and bundles?  More frequent sales?  Just curious.  

1. More expendable money (not much of that around. YET).

2. Lower cost for major collections. For instance, TDOT.

3. More "must haves".

4. Shorter (much shorter) turn-around time for Pre-Pubs.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 12:56 PM

Participation in sales that other software companies do. It looks like with the new pre pub policy, this shouldn't be an issue. Also maybe price matching another competitor? Though I am not sure that is possible all the time...

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 8953
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:11 PM

Oh yes, and I should add...

I'd buy Carta books if there were offered by Logos....still dreaming of the day this comes true!! Sleep

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1423
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:28 PM

I could buy books in my wish list if they come to sale. Otherwise I try to read all important books before I buy books from my wish list.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:37 PM

Definitely lower prices (especially on those bundles and collections), price-matching other competitors, resources that meet my needs ( there are a lot of books i have in print, that I would love to see in LOGOS),

Collections that need to be completed, like THE CLARENCE LARKIN COLLECTION - which is missing 3 or 4 of his books.

Oh, and did I say, definitely lower prices Hmm

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:03 PM

Tony Thomas:

Definitely lower prices, however not through more frequent sales, but higher quality sales. I have felt induced to buy things in the past because the deal seemed too good to pass up (the 500 book mega pack comes to mind in 2012). Now it seems like 15% off is about all we get, and that doesn't excite me too much.

I imagine that when we scoop up the incredible deals, the margins are slim/non-existent and FL doesn't make too much. But I also have to imagine that based on the spending habits history thread that the current system isn't great for FL either (higher margins, but not nearly as many sales). I don't know what the answer is, but I feel like I'm getting priced out of buying things I'd like to buy.

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:04 PM

PL:

A longer life to read and apply those books...

How can I search Logos to research whether Logos will be available in the new heaven and new earth? Wink

Posts 1019
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:15 PM

Much higher resolution images (charts, graphs, pictures, illustrations, etc.) in books.  Unless I'm just doing something wrong, it seems that most of the graphic material in the books I have is quite low resolution.  For me at least, maps, charts and diagrams are generally much less useful in Logos than they would be in paper form.  That's one of my biggest frustrations.  I've gotten to where I completely discount the presence of illustrations when deciding whether or not to buy a book, because I go into it assuming they won't have any value to me.  And that's so unnecessary.  With an electronic version it seems intuitive that you would have high resolution images that you could easily zoom in on.

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 8:31 PM

Agreed 100% EastTN 

I also encounter this frustration as well. Definitely need "Higher Resolution" images (and in every book, commentary, dictionary, etc. I might add).

A good example of this is NELSON'S NEW ILLUSTRATED BIBLE COMMENTARY, where the resolution on the images, charts, and maps are very low, and not high-quality at all.

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 8:33 PM

Agreed 100% William Gabriel

This is why I have not spent any money as yet on the Christmas sale - the prices are way over exorbitant. Very little excites me at FAITHLIFE right now.

I spend very little money at FAITHLIFE these days.

Page 1 of 9 (179 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS