12 Days of Logos

Page 3 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 74 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 10:07 AM

yeah it looks like we either get dynamic pricing or sale but not both..

I confirmed this looking at the sale without logging on.. 

On my acct, non of them say Dynamic Sale Price, its just sales Dynamic Price.

Waiting to buy anything until this is answered what the intention is.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 10:22 AM

I am seeing both the sale, and additional dynamic price savings. If you're seeing something different, please post a screenshot.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 10:23 AM

Here's another glitch:

Individual Titles

When you purchase Word Biblical Commentary (WBC) (61 vols.), you'll get 3 new resources.

Show:   All   New to you   ResourcesValue if sold separately
Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 19: Psalms 1–50 (Revised) $14.99
Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 24: Isaiah 1–33 (Revised Edition) $14.99
Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 25: Isaiah 34–66 (Revised Edition) $14.99
 Total value if sold separately: $44.97  Your exclusive price: $45.04

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 10:50 AM

no sale..

no sale either

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 11:00 AM

Travis,

Unfortunately, the web site only says "Dynamic Price" OR "Sale Price" above your custom price, but that doesn't mean both discounts aren't applied.

You need to hover over the little (?) next to Dynamic Price, and you should see the sale discount, in addition to the dynamic price savings.

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 11:02 AM

Petah -- thats simply not true..

See this shows Dynamic Sale Price..

I stand by what I said.  The Z stuff is broken.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 11:07 AM

Did you hover over the little (?) popup and see if both discounts show up? Perhaps the price is correct, and it's merely an error for the label?

Still, it should be corrected, as you say, if other products can show a more descriptive label.

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 11:12 AM

of course I did..

Why are you arguing with me???  I'm done.. Waste of time.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 11:39 AM

Mark Smith:
Here's another glitch

That's odd. I also lack 3 volumes at $14.99 each, but my price is $44.80.

EDIT - Maybe that is based on differences in the prices of the respective volumes we lack BEFORE the sales discount is applied?

Posts 733
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 12:03 PM

PetahChristian:

Did you hover over the little (?) popup and see if both discounts show up? Perhaps the price is correct, and it's merely an error for the label?

Still, it should be corrected, as you say, if other products can show a more descriptive label.

Travis is correct. Here's the pop-up for one of the bundles on sale (note only dynamic price is included - no sale price):

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 12:08 PM

Travis Walter:

of course I did..

Why are you arguing with me???  I'm done.. Waste of time.

Both discounts are showing up for me, and I'm surprised and puzzled that your experience is different. Hopefully FL can (help) straighten it out!

I guess we all know that it takes the first day or so for FL to work out various pricing issues when they roll out a new sale. It's unfortunate and even frustrating at times, but I wasn't arguing about it, merely asking. Sorry.

I truly hope it can be resolved quickly!

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 12:21 PM

Previously, the sale was applied, and then the dynamic discount, as my earlier screenshot showed.

Now, the dynamic discount is applied, then an incorrect sale percentage is applied, leading to a pricing error. This exact same problem showed up for each of the November/December sales, going back to Reformation Day.

I fear FL has a recurring general problem with the math, that only seems to get fixed on a product by product basis. So many people would appreciate it if the root issue could be fixed for good.

Posts 5601
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 1:04 PM

I've been saying there's something wrong internally at FL for a long time.  

It is really sad to see what this company has become, leadership need to take responsibility for poor decisions, take control and get back to the basics of customer service - which they clearly don't even understand anymore. Pushing sales out the door based on high priced bundles seems to be the only thing they are interested in doing at the moment. How can you forget to turn on dynamic pricing? That is bread and butter stuff. It should just happen.

Mike Pettit:

The problem is that this is happening all the time, it is so unprofessional. They need to get a grip and rethink how they do things, it betrays a worrying corporate culture.  

Posts 279
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 1:15 PM

On a more positive note, the first day sale on the Word Biblical Commentary is a great deal for those who don't have it. The individual volume sale for $14.99 is wonderful too.  This set is well worth this price, although like any set, some volumes are more valuable than others.  For the money, this is still one of the best critical commentary sets out there.

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 1:19 PM

As usual Disciple of Christ (doc)

You hit the nail right on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts 278
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 1:47 PM

Sascha John:

Are these Sales like WBC stay the whole 12 Days or is it just today?

Each of the 12 Days of Logos products will be on sale, at the sale price, for the full duration of the sale, which ends on Christmas eve.

Posts 1033
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 2:12 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

Sascha John:

Are these Sales like WBC stay the whole 12 Days or is it just today?

Each of the 12 Days of Logos products will be on sale, at the sale price, for the full duration of the sale, which ends on Christmas eve.

It would be appreciated if you would address the issue of whether a discount and dynamic pricing stack on Zondervan sale items, as you can see it is being "discussed". 

Posts 278
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 2:16 PM

I'd like to offer a big thanks to everyone who pitched in with thoughts, feedback, and examples of what was working and not working with the 12 Days of Logos sale that began today.  I'd also like to offer apologies for the frustration around pricing related to this promotion.  

Here's what everyone should expect to see as they browse the Zondervan products that have been included in the 12 Days of Logos sale this year.

Individual volumes of the NIV Application Commentary and the Zondervan Counterpoint series are can be purchased for $9.99 each.

Individual volumes of the Word Biblical Commentary can be purchased for $14.99 each.

We've adjusted the prices on each of these three collections to be less than the price of purchasing all the individual volumes, and we've enabled dynamic pricing.  Everyone should see that if they complete their collection using dynamic pricing, their per volume price should be the individual volume price or lower, depending on how much of the collection your are purchasing.

The remaining 9 collections are also both on sale, and dynamically price enabled.  

If you ever find, that at the bottom of the "New to you" section of the page, the "Total value if sold separately" is higher than "Your exclusive price" for the collection, it simply means that individual volumes that you need to complete the collection are sale priced in a way that makes it more advantageous for you to purchase the individually sale priced volumes instead of the collection itself.  We do this purposely, because we believe it's in the best interest of our customers to be made aware of the best pricing options available.  If we simply listed the "Regular price" for each resource in the list, the bundle price would always be equal to or less than the sum of its parts, but the better purchasing option would never be exposed.  We'll be adding clarifying language to the product page that explains this shortly.

Posts 733
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 2:53 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

I'd like to offer a big thanks to everyone who pitched in with thoughts, feedback, and examples of what was working and not working with the 12 Days of Logos sale that began today.  I'd also like to offer apologies for the frustration around pricing related to this promotion.  

Here's what everyone should expect to see as they browse the Zondervan products that have been included in the 12 Days of Logos sale this year.

Individual volumes of the NIV Application Commentary and the Zondervan Counterpoint series are can be purchased for $9.99 each.

Individual volumes of the Word Biblical Commentary can be purchased for $14.99 each.

We've adjusted the prices on each of these three collections to be less than the price of purchasing all the individual volumes, and we've enabled dynamic pricing.  Everyone should see that if they complete their collection using dynamic pricing, their per volume price should be the individual volume price or lower, depending on how much of the collection your are purchasing.

The remaining 9 collections are also both on sale, and dynamically price enabled.  

If you ever find, that at the bottom of the "New to you" section of the page, the "Total value if sold separately" is higher than "Your exclusive price" for the collection, it simply means that individual volumes that you need to complete the collection are sale priced in a way that makes it more advantageous for you to purchase the individually sale priced volumes instead of the collection itself.  We do this purposely, because we believe it's in the best interest of our customers to be made aware of the best pricing options available.  If we simply listed the "Regular price" for each resource in the list, the bundle price would always be equal to or less than the sum of it's part, but the better purchasing option would never be exposed.  We'll be adding clarifying language to the product page that explains this shortly.

I don't think it is working on this bundle:

Posts 4472
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 4:20 PM

I didn't know about the individual counterpoints... That is a bonus

Page 3 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS