Video's crashing Mac in Release 2

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 10 2016 1:20 PM

I apologize for loading you up with debugging, but I am recuperating and have nothing better to do!

I have been avoiding using any video elements in my presentations for several months now, because they seemed to cause the MacBook to crash. After the release of 2.0 I decided to try adding some video back in. Unfortunately I see no difference in the performance. If I add video elements to the presentation, any section - doesn't seem to matter and includes motion backgrounds, the Proclaim app will crash at some point after going on-air.

I have attached Proclaim logs, and some crash logs, including some from earlier in the month using release 1.35 (I think) and one from today using release 2.0. In today's test I added a number of videos from the verse-of-the-day collection to the pre-service loop. I am currently running Sierra.

5808.December Crash Logs.zip

7433.2016-12-10 Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 3169
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2016 11:55 AM

HI Michael,

I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you clarify what exactly is crashing. Your message indicates that the computer itself is crashing (shutting itself off) and Proclaim is crashing. Is the latter causing the former and that's why you're mention Proclaim crashing?

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2016 12:31 PM

I believe the crash is restricted to the Proclaim application. The MacBook is not rebooting, or shutting down. At some point after going on-air with video elements in the presentation, the Proclaim application just shuts off and disappears, leaving a crash log behind. I usually take the precaution of re-starting the Mac after this happens, but it does not restart by itself. I have not experienced any similar crashes when I avoid using motion backgrounds or other videos in my presentations. 

This isn't a big deal to me, I am content to avoid motion and video until the problem can be resolved.

Thanks for all the great work.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS