Faithlife TV app (occasionally) skips a Mobile Ed segment while autoplaying videos

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3922
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 14 2016 9:36 AM

I recently started watching Mobile Ed on the Apple TV, thanks to the Faithlife TV app. (It's so much better watching the videos on a large screen, instead of on the laptop!)

Occasionally the app will skip a segment, when one ends, and it is supposed to autoplay the next video.

For example, while watching HB101, it finished playing segment 24, then started playing segment 26 instead of segment 25.

I've noticed it skipped the last video of a chapter, and played the first video of the next chapter, but I don't know if it consistently does that for every chapter.

I also don't know if the issue is specific to certain courses or not, but it seemed to skip more segments while watching ET101. The ET101 videos it skipped might have been every other one, such as the even-numbered (e.g., second, fourth) videos within a chapter. HB101 only skipped one that I happened to notice.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 3922
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 10:31 AM

Another occurrence for HB101, the app transitioned from the end of segment 31, to the start of segment 33, skipping segment 32 (which was the last segment of that chapter/lesson).

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 12:04 PM

Thanks for the report, we will check it out. Had you watched any of these segments previously?

Posts 3922
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2016 12:07 PM

Thanks, Dave. No, I hadn't.

Posts 3922
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 7:41 PM

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):

Thanks for the report, we will check it out. Had you watched any of these segments previously?

Have you been able to reproduce this issue?

I typically watch one video at a time, then stop to do the readings, exercises, and activities, but rewatched the videos tonight to review then, and noticed that a segment was skipped:

Started playing at Unit 0: Introduction

• Introduction played normally.

App continued to Unit 1: Learning to Read Hebrew

• Segment 1 (The Alphabet) played normally.
  • Segment 2 (Consonants with Two Forms and Two Sounds) did not autoplay. The Faithlife TV app skipped this video segment.
  • Segment 3 (Vowels) started playing after Segment 1. I stopped playback at that point.

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2016 9:45 AM

Sorry, we have not been able to reproduce this yet.

Posts 3922
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2016 11:16 AM

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):

Sorry, we have not been able to reproduce this yet.

Has anyone tried this remotely? Perhaps the experience is different somehow, outside the office?

I reproduced yesterday's issue and am sending you my Apple TV console log. The app skipped HB101 segment 2, just like it did yesterday. The relevant time is at 13:34. I believe segment 3 started playing somewhere around 13:34:37, so I'm guessing the issue probably happened after 13:34:20

FYI, to avoid sitting through the whole segment 1 video, I skipped ahead near to its end, then resumed playing it.

1667.AppleTV console log.txt.zip

Hopefully you can identify something in my log, or compare it to something in your logs, to determine the reason why segments are being skipped. Thanks for your help with this issue!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS