Logos 7.3 (7.3.0.0031) is available for download

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2365
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 19 2016 10:21 AM

Logos 7.3 (7.3.0.0031) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 7.3 will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. If you encounter problems with the auto update, download 7.3 using the links at https://www.logos.com/install 

Release Notes

Posts 8796
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 3:20 PM

So excited to read this in the release notes...

Layouts

• Old backup copies of named layouts are now automatically deleted on startup if they are older than 30 days, or if there are more than 10 backup copies. (Thread), (Thread) and (Thread)

Mine is downloading now and I'm looking forward to using layouts again. Thanks Faithlife team!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 439
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 4:37 PM

Of course I was kind of hoping the "Bible linking with Dictionaries / Lexicons" (not working thingy) would have been fixed in this latest update but not so. Hopefully this will not be one of those snags that will take a year or better to fix. 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 701
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 6:50 PM

Since installing 7.3 on my Mac (running Sierra 10.12), the Home Page renders incorrectly. Every time I press the Home button, it appears further and further down the page and leaves a large swatch of white space between the content and the menu at the top. Here is one example:

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 6:57 PM

JH:

Since installing 7.3 on my Mac (running Sierra 10.12), the Home Page renders incorrectly. Every time I press the Home button, it appears further and further down the page and leave a large swatch of white space between the content and the menu at the top. Here is one example:

I too am having this issue. Same Mac OS

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 1398
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:20 PM

Thank you for adding "Miracles of the Bible" in browsing tool. Are there any plans to add "Promises of the Bible"?

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1907
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 5:49 AM

Keith Pang:

I am on windows 10 and have only 2 columns on the homepage.  Is this part of the update?

Posts 1253
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 8:59 AM

Wild Eagle:
Are there any plans to add "Promises of the Bible"?

The "Miracles of the Bible" facet is based on the data provided by the Miracles of the Bible Dataset ( https://www.logos.com/product/57057/miracles-of-the-bible-dataset ). We have not yet curated a "Promises of the Bible" dataset, but I can add it to the list of suggested datasets.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 9:05 AM

Mark:
I am on windows 10 and have only 2 columns on the homepage.  Is this part of the update?

I'm not seeing that.

Please start a new thread and post screenshots.

Posts 2365
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 9:21 AM

JH:

Since installing 7.3 on my Mac (running Sierra 10.12), the Home Page renders incorrectly. Every time I press the Home button, it appears further and further down the page and leaves a large swatch of white space between the content and the menu at the top. Here is one example:

JH,

We're trying to reproduce this issue:

• Did you open to the homepage, to blank layout, etc
  • Does restarting the app resolve the problem?
  • How many times did you close and open the homepage before noticing the issue?
  • Did you do anything else within the app?
  • What do you have turned on in your homepage settings?
Thanks!
Posts 2365
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 9:23 AM

Keith Pang:

Keith,

We're trying to reproduce this issue, I'm going to ask you the same questions I asked JH:

Thanks!

Posts 701
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 10:30 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

JH:

JH,

We're trying to reproduce this issue:

Thanks!

Open to a blank layout (or any other layout). Click the Home button. Click it again to go back to layout. Click it again to go Home. Every time I do this, the Home screen gets more and more distorted.

Restarting does not help.

I have all kinds of things turned on for the homepage. See below:

Posts 2365
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 1:58 PM

JH:

Open to a blank layout (or any other layout). Click the Home button. Click it again to go back to layout. Click it again to go Home. Every time I do this, the Home screen gets more and more distorted.

Restarting does not help.

I have all kinds of things turned on for the homepage. See below:

We've now got a case for this. 

Posts 907
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 2:22 PM

I thought I would also mention a more insignificant, but curious issue on the Info Panel header ... I use the Verbum-branded version of the software (v7), am a Verbum Now member, and I have the Verbum 7 Platinum Library.  Everything displays the Verbum branding except for the library.  It says Logos 7.  Seems like there may be a different leve of precision in the display than there used to be.  I recall seeing Verbum Capstone in that header information prior to the v7 upgrade this fall.  Not sure what it said before this update.

<picture deleted>

EDIT:  Moved to the other thread:  https://community.logos.com/forums/t/134173.aspx

Posts 1907
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 2:55 PM

Graham Criddle:

Mark:

I'm not seeing that.

Please start a new thread and post screenshots.

Why start a new thread?  This relates directly to other comments about the homescreen not displaying properly.

(dont know how to upload screenshot)

Posts 1398
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2016 3:00 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

Wild Eagle:
Are there any plans to add "Promises of the Bible"?

The "Miracles of the Bible" facet is based on the data provided by the Miracles of the Bible Dataset ( https://www.logos.com/product/57057/miracles-of-the-bible-dataset ). We have not yet curated a "Promises of the Bible" dataset, but I can add it to the list of suggested datasets.

Thank you Rick! It would be very useful easily pull the verses in the time of need. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS