Macbook Pro Scrolling Speed

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8
John | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 14 2010 2:04 PM

After the update from A14 to A15 the 2 finger scrolling speed on my Macbook Pro's track pad has greatly increased.  In A14 and earlier it worked just fine.  Now moving my fingers 1-2 inches will cause A15 to scroll multiple chapters and sometimes books.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 2:25 PM

Same here...though I didn't consider it much of a problem.  Better than the little bit of lag I was seeing before.

Posts 82
Rob Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 3:48 PM

I have this issue too. I also use a Magic Mouse and it has similar behavior. 

Posts 103
Jason | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 4:01 PM

Me too, and it's with either the trackpad or an external (non-apple) mouse scrollwheel.

the ancient art of shalom: thots on sustainable spirituality in san francisco - http://me.jasonkuo.com/thots

Posts 4711
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 4:20 PM

I was thinking of reporting this today - but you fellows beat me to it.

I think the problem is that the speed is proportional to the size of the resource - it may be that the Logos team will need to produce some special handling in order to get it under control.

Using these large books is  a pretty unique thing and generally we don't want to scroll quickly from Isaiah to Corinthians and a little finesse would be appreciated.

Tootle pip

Mike

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 4:59 PM

Same here. It's a real problem for reading Bible passages. I'm often several chapters away from where I should be. This is an A15 issue. It was fine in A14.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 89
Stephen DeKuyper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 7:30 PM

Same for me. Mac mouse with scroll ball in particular.

Stephen

Posts 1414
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 8:12 PM

Ditto. And it has a LOT of momentum. I scroll a bit, and 3 seconds later it stops scrolling on-screen.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 35
Zach Fortenberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:48 AM

I am having a problem with it too.  I would like to see it like it was in A14 or if there were a way you could designate the faster scroll when it was needed and the slower scroll as the default.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 9:11 AM

Our bad. We tweaked the scrolling to fix the "no scrolling in resources at small font sizes" and to match the Windows code, but obviously the old way was preferable for Mac users. We'll get it fixed up for the next Alpha.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 35
Zach Fortenberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 10:30 AM

Thanks Tom!! Y'all are doing a great job!

Posts 8
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 7:33 PM

Thanks, its great to hear it was not just me.

Posts 152
Mike Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 2:56 AM

Tom - when you go back to the previous code - you are not going to take away the Space Bar Scroll feature as well right? The Space Bar Scrolling is a great feature - please don't remove that in the process.

Thanks

-Mike

Posts 36
Darin Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 3:45 AM

Like Michael, I experienced a lot of lag in scrolling with previous Alphas.  In previous versions, if I scrolled down one clicks worth on my mouse wheel (if that makes sense), nothing happened.  I had to scroll significantly on my wheel in order to have the resource scroll down at all.  Lots of lag.  In A15 there is still a little more lag than in other programs, but it is more responsive than in previous Alphas (ie, I can move it one scroll wheel click).

www.darinallen.org

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 9:16 AM

Darin Allen:
Like Michael, I experienced a lot of lag in scrolling with previous Alphas.  In previous versions, if I scrolled down one clicks worth on my mouse wheel (if that makes sense), nothing happened.  I had to scroll significantly on my wheel in order to have the resource scroll down at all.  Lots of lag.  In A15 there is still a little more lag than in other programs, but it is more responsive than in previous Alphas (ie, I can move it one scroll wheel click)

I think the problem comes in that Magic Mice and trackpads on MacBooks allow much finer granularity than a scroll wheel. I'm going to look into this today. Fortunately, I have a Dell mouse with a scroll wheel and a Magic Mouse attached to my Mac Pro as well as my MacBook with a trackpad to test on. I plan to test the scrolling for all cases and come up with an acceptable compromise.

Posts 36
Darin Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:25 AM

Thanks Tom, that would be great as I also use my Macbook Pro with a logitech mouse and then with the trackpad sometimes.

www.darinallen.org

Posts 152
Mike Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:08 AM

Tom - just so you know - the problems exists on a Mouse with the Scroll Wheel - I'm using a Microsoft Mouse with Scroll Wheel and the problem persists with either Trackpad Scrolling and Mouse with Wheel. 

Do you think it might be related to the Space Bar Scroll in combination wit the recent changes?

-Mike

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 4:57 PM

Mike Strawn:

Tom - just so you know - the problems exists on a Mouse with the Scroll Wheel - I'm using a Microsoft Mouse with Scroll Wheel and the problem persists with either Trackpad Scrolling and Mouse with Wheel. 

Do you think it might be related to the Space Bar Scroll in combination wit the recent changes?

Nope. Pretty sure it's just scrolling with the wheel or the trackpad. I've tweaked it back for the next Alpha, so space bar should still be fine and track pad/scroll wheel scrolling should be comparable to pre-A15 scrolling

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 1:07 AM

Tom Philpot:
I've tweaked it back for the next Alpha, so space bar should still be fine and track pad/scroll wheel scrolling should be comparable to pre-A15 scrolling

Excellent! looking forward to it.

Thanks.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS