Now Shipping: Logos 7 training videos | LT271: Study the Bible with Logos: Jonah 1

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 350
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 22 2016 12:33 PM

Course Description: Progressing from Bible reading to serious Bible study is a difficult task, especially if you have never been trained how to do it. Study tools like Logos Bible Software are invaluable, but can be daunting, too.

The Logos Pro Team helps you overcome both these hurdles in LT271. Through a case study on Jonah 1:1-16, you’ll learn to Observe, Interpret, and Apply the Bible, an efficient and rewarding method you can use with any passage of Scripture. We’ll teach you ten specific steps in Bible study, and show you how to use the tools in Logos to gain the most insight from every step.

What is it? 

Using a Mobile Ed-style resource of videos and transcripts, the Logos Pro team guides you through an inductive study of Jonah 1:1-16, while teaching practical application of the tools of Logos 7. 

How do I get it?

LT271 is included with all Logos 7 Feature Sets. If you have any Logos 7 Base Package, or are a Logos Now member, the course is already available to you. (If Logos 7 does not automatically download the resources, type in the command bar, Update Resources.)

FAQ

How is this different from LT261: Learn to Study the Bible with Logos: Matt 4:1-11

It follows the same process of 10 steps in the Observe, Interpret, Apply method of Bible study. If you have already gone through the Matthew course, you will benefit from practicing this method with an Old Testament narrative, as well as learn to use new tools in Logos 7. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 3:00 PM

Awesome! Wish you all would have done a 30 day challenge like the last time before releasing it.

Posts 27
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2016 1:32 AM

We plan on doing the challenge again! We decided to host it within the app this time so you have the transcripts right there with you and so you can use Logos while going through the lessons without leaving the software. 

Posts 420
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2016 3:30 PM

Thanks Adam.  It looks interesting and a good resource!  Happy Christmas.. Paul  

Posts 10
Sophie Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 4:58 AM

Excellent post. Thank you very much!!

Posts 1
Glen R. Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 7 2017 10:57 AM

I have Logos 7 but unable to find LT 271. I have checked on "update resources" and it says I am updated. Any suggestions?

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 7 2017 11:13 AM

Glen R. Francis:

I have Logos 7 but unable to find LT 271. I have checked on "update resources" and it says I am updated. Any suggestions?

Make sure to not include a space between LT and 271. It won't show up if you search your library for LT 271, but will show up if you search for LT271 (and have a license for it).

If you still can't find it, please check your order to see if you bought an L7 library (books) without an L7 feature set (features, tools). LT271 is included with any L7 feature set (including L7 Basic, which is free) or a Logos Now subscription.

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 4 2017 2:10 AM

Hi Adam

When will this course be in the Courses tool?

Thanks,

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 350
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 4 2017 8:28 AM

It has been available for some time. I've updated the OP. 

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 4 2017 11:45 AM

Ok ... Thanks Adam.

This is what I am seeing ... the site say I own it, it is in my library ... but not in the course tool (filtered to show Courseware, the Available section expanded) ... and it is not visible in the 'Unavailable' section either.

Am I doing something dumb again?

Posts 350
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 4 2017 11:56 AM

Hm... I'm not sure why it's not in alphabetical order with other "Available" courses. For me, it's in the "Recommended for you" section. Do you have it there, and/or can you find it with "LT271" in the Find box?

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 4 2017 12:06 PM

Got it ... thank you ... it is in the recommended section. Something I never visit ... I do no like machine generated recommendations ... they are so wide of the mark!!!

Why are my 'completed' plans still in Available ... but the 'recommended' plan is not? This seems to be inconsistent.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS