Morris Proctor

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1056
Armin | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 15 2010 3:28 AM

Hi,

I have tried several times to send an e-mail to morrisp@mpseminars.com but never received a reply. Has anybody had more luck in contacting Morris?

Armin

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 4:24 AM

Armin, in the past I have had that problem.  I emailed 2 or 3 different emails 2 or 3 different times over the course of a year or so, lol.  FINALLY got a reply, they were apologetic, but I can't tell you what their reason was.  I know from your end (at least it was from mine) that was very frustrating, but having said that, MP and all who work for him are always very helpful (in person!) and once we established email contact, he (mo) was more than vigilant and helpful.  Are you going to a seminar?  1st time, or?  Whatever it is, i have always gained so much from them (in L3 days at least!)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 4:25 AM

ArminEberlein:
I have tried several times to send an e-mail to morrisp@mpseminars.com but never received a reply. Has anybody had more luck in contacting Morris?

I have sent a couple of messages to David Kitchen without getting a response.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:01 AM

Interesting to watch - an old business adage, "One oops wipes out a whole bunch of atta boys".  It's amazing to me when companies work so hard to promote themselves, advertise, write blogs, etc., yet let themselves fall unresponsive to customers or potential customers. 

This type of testimonial says a lot to people who may be considering using their services but now may think twice about it.  Unresponsiveness over a period of time is about the worst thing you can do to a customer IMHO (compare to Bob's attempts to always communicate with his customer base no matter how tough the issue!).

Posts 1056
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:13 AM

Dominick Sela:

Interesting to watch - an old business adage, "One oops wipes out a whole bunch of atta boys".  It's amazing to me when companies work so hard to promote themselves, advertise, write blogs, etc., yet let themselves fall unresponsive to customers or potential customers. 

This type of testimonial says a lot to people who may be considering using their services but now may think twice about it.  Unresponsiveness over a period of time is about the worst thing you can do to a customer IMHO (compare to Bob's attempts to always communicate with his customer base no matter how tough the issue!).

You hit the nail right on its head. This is exactly what I feel. I never asked for Morris Proctor's constant announcements by e-mail but he sends them to me. His self-promotion can get really annoying. But then he is not interested in replying to potential customers. The result is: I won't use them.

I also agree with your comment about Bob. He has thousands of clients and when you send him an e-mail with a feature suggestion he sends you a thank-you note (even though I did not expect a reply). Bob, you are just an amazing guy! The result is: I keep coming back to Logos.

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:50 AM

"When we are too busy for our customers, we are too busy."

-Pat Flanakin

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 6:10 AM

I agree with Dominick that unresponsiveness over time is about the worst thing you can do to a customer . . . .

My caution to all is to make value statements about Morris Proctor, whether it be their marketing motive/intent, or their motive/reason for lack of customer contact.  We flat out don't know why the response is lacking, and my own experience is that my frustration OFTEN leads me to wrong conclusions, and then I find myself very very Embarrassed.

That said, this is apparently a significant and reoccurring problem with MPS.  If I were them, I would immediately investigate why, and fix it, or at least communicate the issue to their (potential and current) customers, to keep the good will. 

I have gained from every MPS I have been to (Camp I and Camp II).  I have always found them helpful.  But there was a time when after many emails went unresponded to, i began to take personal offense.  Not saying that was right to go down that path of judgment, just emphasizing what happened to me, a person who DOES like MPS.  Imagine people who are ambivalent about MPS.

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 6:14 AM

Dan DeVilder:

We flat out don't know why the response is lacking

Perhaps, unjudgementally, someone can ask him.  I am sure someone will be attending one of his training seminars soon could just, at a break, ask him privately if there is something to this...often, when things like this are happening, those we blame are not aware.  He just may have a different way of communicating.  I would expect quick email responses if he has requested questions via email and said a quick response would ensue, but I am not sure this it the case as I have not sought his help.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 6:49 AM

Much to my amazement, I have found many companies that provide email as a method of communication, but never set up the internal infrastructure to actually check their inbox.

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 7:22 AM

My experience with Morris Proctor over a several year period, related to Logos 2 and Logos 3 materials, has been good.   I remember calling on several occasiions and leaving  messages and my calls were returned.  If materials were late in being mailed out to me, I received an apology plus a bonus syllabus or cd.  FYI

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 7:37 AM

Terry Poperszky:

Much to my amazement, I have found many companies that provide email as a method of communication, but never set up the internal infrastructure to actually check their inbox.

A lot of companies fail in this area.

It took Moody Bible Institute six months to answer my first contact inquiring about their Foundation of Biblical Ministry (AM Bible Courseware) http://www.logos.com/products/details/2191  . Logos 4 came out & I lost interest.

When I was attempting to buy the out-of-print Logos CD with Calvin/Spurgeon/ISBE the only source I found never answered. I know they are still in business.

My automated online billing notice from my electric company has had a spelling error in their url link for over two years running.

Just this past weekend it was mentioned in these forums Dave Kaplan's email had a snafu.

I hope Morris Proctor gets his emails. I am getting ready to re-register for the OKC Camp Logos coming up next week.  I'll let you know.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1657
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 7:41 AM

Dan DeVilder:

The few times that I have tried to communicate, Morris has (or one of his helpers) always replied.

I have NEVER had this issue.

Is it possible that any of your spam settings etc can be interfering? I often hear from friends who have had their messages to me "bounced" back?

All the best,

Regards, SteveF

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 7:44 AM

SteveF:

Dan DeVilder:

The few times that I have tried to communicate, Morris has (or one of his helpers) always replied.

I have NEVER had this issue.

Is it possible that any of your spam settings etc can be interfering? I often hear from friends who have had their messages to me "bounced" back?

All the best,

not in my case, Steve.  I really don't remember the exact situation that they explained, but I started getting frequent responses.  (like it was a tech issue--but this was over a period of time)

I always check my junk mail methodically, too.

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:18 AM

I have experienced a couple of delays in receiving responses from MPseminars. However they always responded. That said, my overall experience is that they have responded in an acceptable time frame. I have received replies from Morris and several members of his staff. Some of you probably recall that Morris has personally responded to posts on the L4 forum. I believe that the launch of Logos4 has created peak stresses on everyone concerned. Based on the many posts I have read, several of us are 'taxed to the max' by the launch of this product in greater measure than either Logos or MPseminars. Give them a call or try them again. I believe that you will fare better.

Abraham

Posts 1657
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:28 AM

Dan DeVilder:
I always check my junk mail methodically, too.

Good point! thanks Dan.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 89
JF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:49 AM

Morris has always responded to my question and ideas.  I am sorry there seems to be a disconnect currently.  I am sure it is not intended.

Christ's bond.

James F

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 9:29 AM

ArminEberlein:

Hi,

Armin

Armin,

I noticed in your post you said you emailed morrisp@mpseminars.com. I wanted to make sure that the email address you posted wasn't a typo as Morris' email address is morris@mpseminars.com, not morrisp@mpseminars.com. Smile I'm sorry that you have not received a response yet, but he does take the time to reply to the emails he gets.

Deborah Mickens

Logos Bible Software, Marketing

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 1056
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 9:38 AM

Deborah Mickens:

I noticed in your post you said you emailed morrisp@mpseminars.com. I wanted to make sure that the email address you posted wasn't a typo as Morris' email address is morris@mpseminars.com, not morrisp@mpseminars.com. Smile I'm sorry that you have not received a response yet, but he does take the time to reply to the emails he gets.

Deborah Mickens

Thanks Deborah. This could be the case. I simply used the e-mail address from which the announcements are sent. Since my e-mail did not bounce, I assumed that it is a valid e-mail address. I will try the e-mail address you sent me.

Posts 35
Greg Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 9:57 AM

YES on MorrisP@MPSeminars.com going to a wider Inbox that Morris@MPSeminars.com.

But his assistant, Shannon, at Shannon@MPSeminars.com, is probably the BEST one to contact first. It is Shannon's responsibility (I think) to handle messages, etc., and seminar support, and Shannon can very quickly get your question to Morris or Cindy depending on what it is.

Greg

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 10:22 AM

Dan DeVilder:
We flat out don't know why the response is lacking, and my own experience is that my frustration OFTEN leads me to wrong conclusions, and then I find myself very very Embarrassed.

and this is perhaps a good case in point! 

As many have posted, Morris Proctor and his staff are always very gracious, kind, and helpful.  Usually there is a reason when something doesn't add up--and we may have found it.  Hope that gets you on the right path.

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS