Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Kevin MacMillan | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 29 2016 8:27 AM

This question has likely been answered a hundred times, but i can't seem to get the info I'm looking for:

I'm a Logos 6 user, but find the upgrade price to Logos 7 very steep, so I'm looking into Logos Now. But I'm not sure I understand what Logos Now is. From what I can gather, if I subscribe to Logos Now, I get all the capabilities of Logos 7 (plus new features as they become available), including my current library. Is that correct? If so, I don't understand the discount they give for Logos 7 as a subscriber. Why would I want to buy Logos 7 if I have Logos Now?

Thanks!

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2016 8:34 AM

Hey Kevin, 

I think you understand you get all the new capabilities with Logos Now. If you purchase LN you will get an additional discount on a base package in Logos 7% (15%) until Dec. 31st. (It will be 10% after Jan 1st). You don't need to buy the full features of Logos 7 with LN, so that makes your purchase cheaper. If you buy L7 with the features you keep the capabliities forever, but with LN they disappear if you stop subscribing. You will also keep your L7 books if you buy them. I hope that helps. 

Cheers, 

ChelseaFC 

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 24479
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2016 11:31 AM

Kevin MacMillan:
if I subscribe to Logos Now, I get all the capabilities of Logos 7 (plus new features as they become available), including my current library. Is that correct?

Yes.

Kevin MacMillan:
Why would I want to buy Logos 7 if I have Logos Now?

You might want to buy and permanently own a Logos 7 base package (the Library or books only) as Logos Now only gives you the features/tools of Logos 7 (the Full Feature Set) + new features.

Select the Library option as above after you subscibe to Logos Now.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4556
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 2:29 AM

Kevin MacMillan:

This question has likely been answered a hundred times, but i can't seem to get the info I'm looking for:

I'm a Logos 6 user, but find the upgrade price to Logos 7 very steep, so I'm looking into Logos Now. But I'm not sure I understand what Logos Now is. From what I can gather, if I subscribe to Logos Now, I get all the capabilities of Logos 7 (plus new features as they become available), including my current library. Is that correct? If so, I don't understand the discount they give for Logos 7 as a subscriber. Why would I want to buy Logos 7 if I have Logos Now?

Thanks!

Hi Kevin

I would like to answer this question (even though the answers you have already are correct). The way I look at it this...

The difference between Logos 6 and Logos 7 is minimal. It might be significant in terms of robustness but any changes are more likely to be there to facilitate the running of features provided by Logos Now or the misnamed 'full feature set'. Hence there is little reason to upgrade just for the sake of it.

Subscribing to Logos Now will give you Logos 7, all the new features, and even some online features that complement the system. The perceived drawback is that Logos Now does require a subscription. Presently that subscription amounts to a couple of dollars a week. If however you stop subscribing you do loose access to these features. You do not  loose access to resources that you have purchased. If you are serious about theological studies then the subscription will be really good value for money. If you get to the point that you are not invested in deep study you won't need the tools provided by Logos Now anyway.

The so called 'Full Feature Set' is a partial implementation of 'Logos Now' and is something of a throwback to placate some doomsayers who are worried that Faithlife is more impermanent than they are.

My recommendation is to subscribe to 'Logos Now' and then see if there are any particular resources or sets that would really enhance you studies.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 4:46 PM

Kevin MacMillan:
From what I can gather, if I subscribe to Logos Now, I get all the capabilities of Logos 7 (plus new features as they become available), including my current library. Is that correct?

Yes, Logos now timeline => https://www.logos.com/now-timeline shows features and datasets that would be added to Logos 6 while Now membership is active.

Kevin MacMillan:
If so, I don't understand the discount they give for Logos 7 as a subscriber. Why would I want to buy Logos 7 if I have Logos Now?

Logos 7 Libraries have revised content. Thankful for Library comparison that shows "New to You" => https://www.logos.com/compare/libraries with option to select 8 Libraries => https://www.logos.com/compare/libraries?productIds=81155,81176,81169,113844,81162,121412,81184,81196

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10
Kevin MacMillan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 8:52 AM

Thank you to everyone for your help! I appreciate your explaining the relationship between Logos Now and Logos 6/7.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS