Reese Chronological Bible

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 31 2016 7:41 AM

Here is a copy of the Reese Chronological Bible verses taken from the Web.  You can run this as a lectionary.

7450.Reese Chronological Bible.docx 

Here is the Picture

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2016 7:49 AM

I find that Reese is more detailed in his chronology than other plans which focus on Chapters instead of verses.  Example- reese tries to intergret the Psalms with the life of David. You may not agree with all his chronology but I believe you will find it very enjoyable reading through this Bible in the coming year.  

The only area I need help with is creating a Bible reading plan based on this lectionary.  Any help will be appreciated.   

I originally wanted to create a passage list of all verses in Chronological order and open them in my Bible as a Passage List but to my disappointment I found out that they are automatically resorted in Canonical order which defeat my purpose. Sad I wish there was a way to change this.  

Posts 4917
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2016 9:44 AM

John Brumett:

I originally wanted to create a passage list of all verses in Chronological order and open them in my Bible as a Passage List but to my disappointment I found out that they are automatically resorted in Canonical order which defeat my purpose. Sad I wish there was a way to change this.  

John when you apply a passage list as a filter to a bible all it does is hide from view the verses that are not part of the list. It is not resorting anything. The order of the text is fixed, You can't resort the text of any book. You can only resort selected user created documents such as passage lists and note files.  So the filter isn't automatically resorting your bible into canonical order because it's already in that order and the order can't be changed.

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2016 11:38 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

John Brumett:

John when you apply a passage list as a filter to a bible all it does is hide from view the verses that are not part of the list. It is not resorting anything. The order of the text is fixed, You can't resort the text of any book. You can only resort selected user created documents such as passage lists and note files.  So the filter isn't automatically resorting your bible into canonical order because it's already in that order and the order can't be changed.

I under stand technically what you are saying but I wish it could appear in the order of the passage list.  

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2016 11:41 AM

How then do I choose a bible reading plan based on a lectionary?  A link to a video would be of great help.

Posts 4917
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2016 3:44 PM

John Brumett:

How then do I choose a bible reading plan based on a lectionary?  A link to a video would be of great help.

Lectionaries are not my area of expertise since I come from a non-liturgical background I have not explored building my own lectionary and neither have I tried to create a reading plan from a lectionary.  All I can say with my limited knowledge of this area is that within Logos lectionaries are normally used on the home page instead of as reading plans so I am not sure how a reading plan would work.

Posts 26294
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2016 4:09 PM

John Brumett:
How then do I choose a bible reading plan based on a lectionary?

As the dates are already in the resource, there is no need to create a reading plan simply:

• compile the personal book with the type "lectionary"
  • on the Home page, select the gear icon for customization
  • on the right, select the new "lectionary" (check box) and drag and drop to the desired position
  • it will now appear on your home page

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 7:17 AM

I compiled as a lectionary but it isn't showing for me to pick it like mj said

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 8:53 AM

Mattillo:

I compiled as a lectionary but it isn't showing for me to pick it like mj said

You may need to restart Logos to see it in the gearbox where you customize the homepage.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 11:11 AM

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I compiled as a lectionary but it doesn't show. I opened lectionary to see if it would parallel but didn't show there either

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 12:36 PM

Mattillo:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I compiled as a lectionary but it doesn't show

The tagging of the PB source is not that of a lectionary (@yearmonthday, such as 1 January, 2017) but that of a calendar devotional (@dayofyear, such as 1 January - here even worse: [[@dayofyear.1.1]] ) and won't work. Sorry, I didn't check earlier. 

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 1:26 PM

Try this file: 4278.7450.Reese Chronological Bible.lectionary.docx

It will compile as type:lectionary and (after restarting Logos) you should be able to see it as a potential candidate for the lefthand-column of the homepage. 

There it will look like this:

Still not fancy (and I think it misses out on one day somewhere), but working as a lectionary.

Posts 80
Rick J. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 6:34 AM

Thank you Mick for the 2017 date version.

It would be nice to have Frank Clausen's "The chronology of the Bible" to go along with this.

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 9:55 AM

Rick J.:
Thank you Mick for the 2017 date version.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:37 PM

John Brumett:
Here is a copy of the Reese Chronological Bible verses taken from the Web.

Curious about web source copyright ?

Printed edition has 1977 Copyright by Bethany House.(for the chronological ordering of King James Version text). Baker Publishing has 1977 & 2016 Copyright for Bethany House Publishing division in excerpt => http://assets.bakerpublishinggroup.com/processed/book-resources/files/Excerpt_9780764206290.pdf?1467208055

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:51 PM

NB.Mick:

Try this file: 4278.7450.Reese Chronological Bible.lectionary.docx

It will compile as type:lectionary and (after restarting Logos) you should be able to see it as a potential candidate for the lefthand-column of the homepage. 

There it will look like this:

Still not fancy (and I think it misses out on one day somewhere), but working as a lectionary.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS