Faithlife TV Plus not working

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 2 2017 6:31 PM

I can't play videos/movies on Faithlife Plus. On the computer, the error is "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported". On the phone, the error is "Error playing media". I've tried several times since yesterday, and sometimes there is just the rotating circle with no error message.

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 11:48 AM

I just tried to access the videos on the Roku. Same problem. The indicator (within the rotating circle) gets to 33% and goes no further. Any idea what's going on with this? Is there anyone else experiencing this?

Posts 289
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 12:35 PM

Faithlife TV appears to be working for the Mobile Ed courses I own. It works for the Compton's short videos that I own. It does not seem to be working for anything else. My subscription is current.

Posts 289
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 2:26 PM

I just got off the phone with CS about this problem. I was told that it is a technical issue and is being worked on. CS rep was very considerate and helpful.

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 2:47 PM

We are looking into the problem.

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 2:55 PM

Thank you.

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 6:22 PM

Everything should be working normally again. Some content may take a few extra seconds to start playing as caches warm up.

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 6:41 PM

Yes, it appears to be working. Smile

Thank you.

Posts 4
Andrew C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2017 7:26 AM

Since this issue was resolved I have noticed a number of the "Book by Book" videos are now missing - I am unsure if this is just an issue with my set up, or if its a wider problem.

An example (so where I was up to!) is Genesis Part 5 (Ch.12-16). The chapter is not listed in the menu, and when I click forward while watching the previous video, it skips 5 and starts Chapter 6. I can see a number of other chapters are missing too, Exodus Part 2, 3, 8, Leviticus Part 5, 6, Esther Part 1 etc.

Also, while I do not quite agree with Bill Shankly's quote, it has caused me to overdunk a digestive biscuit nonetheless - in the "Thank God For Football" series, the Liverpool FC video has gone!

I have reinstalled the Faithlife TV application on my iPad (iOS 10.1) and tried both Edge and Chrome on a Windows 10 desktop, clearing my browser caches.

While I am on, as this is my first post, I did want to thank the Faithlife team for their wonderful products, and the community here for taking time out of their own busy lives to provide advice and guidance.

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2017 9:11 AM

I'm looking into the missing Book by Book videos now.

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2017 9:46 AM

I found a number of videos that were removed during a reindexing process. I have restored those videos and we are working on fixing that process.

Posts 4
Andrew C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2017 10:10 AM

Thank you Dave. I can see some of the videos now, and Liverpool have made a comeback too!

I am really enjoying the content available via Faithline TV, and the Book by Book series is absolutely fantastic. I had previously priced the DVD set, unfortunately it was out of my price range, so to get them as part of this subscription is a bargain.

Thanks again for responding so quickly.

Posts 4
Andrew C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2017 1:30 PM

Hi Dave,

Sorry to mither you, but I have just noticed Exodus parts 2&3 are missing. Assuming it's not an issue at my end, if possible, could you add these please?

Thanks.

Posts 85
LogosEmployee
Jeff Huff (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2017 12:31 PM

There is a problem with Exodus Part 2 & 3.  We are working on getting them updated.  Thank you for reporting.

Posts 85
LogosEmployee
Jeff Huff (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2017 5:35 PM

Book By Book: Exodus - Part 2 - The Lord Commissions (Ch. 3-4)
Book By Book: Exodus - Part 3 - The Lord Opposes (Ch. 5-10)

Should now be available.  

Also, we found that this episode was also missing:

Healing For A Broken World 2 - Creation, Sin & Redemption

Posts 4
Andrew C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 10:22 AM

Hi Jeff,

That is great news, thank you very much!

I hope this weekend goes well, Faithlife TV is a fantastic resource, and I'm looking forward to watching some Mobile Ed! 

Posts 3
Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 11 2017 9:43 PM

My Faithlife TV gets that same error message. How do I fix this?

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS