Quick Personal Book Tagging Question

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4082
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 5 2017 10:21 AM

I read through the wiki and it gives me an example how to tag milestones.  My question is if I want to tag multiple milestones do I need to put them back to back like [[@bible:John 1:1]] [[@bible:Mark 1:1]] or could I use a comma like [[@bible:John 1:1, Mark 1:1]]

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 10:51 AM

Only one milestone is active at a time; appears in location.

Mattillo:
[[@bible:John 1:1]] [[@bible:Mark 1:1]]

causes personal book compilation error since John 1:1 milestone has no text.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4082
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 11:38 AM

Has no text? The wiki page used the example [[@bible:jn 3:16]] so maybe I need to use shortened book titles? The reason I ask is I'm playing around with compiling a book of supposed bible contradictions.  Some reference multiple verses so I was curious how I could reference more than one if needed for a title

Posts 2720
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 11:46 AM

safer to leave tags, but you could search and replace
Search  ]] [[@bible:
Replace  ]],[[@bible: to put the comma in

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 12:10 PM

Mattillo:
[[@bible:John 1:1]] [[@bible:Mark 1:1]]

Oops - living and learning using Logos 7.4 Beta 1 that the space between milestones can be clicked to show John 1:1 location while clicking after the space changes location to Mark 1:1

Same result using shortened Bible references:

[[@bible:jn1.1]] [[@bible:mk1.1]]

so only one milestone can be active for resource location. Idea for Book is Milestone with reference:

[[@bible:jn1.1]] John 1:1 [[@bible:mk1.1]] Mark 1:1

that allows Personal Book compiler to recognize reference for verse pop-up.

Mattillo:
[[@bible:John 1:1,Mark 1:1]]

[Warning] Unrecognized milestone bible:John 1:1,Mark 1:1

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 49
M G Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 12:17 PM

Mattillo, I think you may be confusing Bible milestones with Bible links. For the [Logos personal] book of supposed bible contradictions that you are contemplating then I am guessing you want links to these scripture references. Clicking these links will open your preferred Bible to that reference, hovering over the link will show the verse in your preferred Bible (as a pop-up window).

If I am correct, then the Logos Personal Book compiler will normally identify such Bible references in your docx file automatically (that is, the source docx file from which you will build your personal book). However, for clarity, the syntax for a Bible link is, for example: [[Jn 3:16 >> Bible:Jn 3:16]], which is similar, but not the same as the Bible milestone syntax: [[@Bible:Jn 3:16]].

Occasionally the Logos Personal Book compiler does not successfully convert a reference into a link. In that case you have to use the Bible link syntax in your docx file. That is, [[ before the reference and (space)>>(space)Bible: Jn 3:16]] after it. So, as an example, a properly linked version of the following sentence would be: "In John's gospel and the third chapter we read in [[verse 16 >> Bible:Jn 3:16]] ... "

Hope that helps.

Posts 2720
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 12:33 AM

If you want multiple verse texts displayed at once, did you consider using dtext

John 1:1 {{dtext ref=John 1:1 }}

Mark 1:1 {{dtext ref=:Mark 1:1}}

this will automatically load the dtext with the verse text for the default translation when the book is opened, there is a flag for version to show but I never use it

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 4082
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 4:00 AM

Thank you all. This is my first time adding logos lingo to a PB so I'll try a couple of these and see how it works. My ultimate goal is to compile it as a Bible commentary so when I search for verses this will show in a passage guide. I'm not done adding to the document yet so this may take some time. Maybe I'll try a test compile

Posts 29624
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 1:42 PM

To use as a Bible commentary you do need to use milestones - but remember that they only tag a section of text as relating to the milestone. Bible references within that text need tags only when the automatically tagging is insufficient.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS